News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: el_xero on December 27, 2010, 12:56:19 PM
you're all right guys. Doble dragón is spanish for double dragon. :)

Interesting that none of the other markings are in Espanol. i.e. Kick, Punch, Life.....  ::)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

deadastronaut

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 27, 2010, 01:01:08 PM

Interesting that none of the other markings are in Espanol. i.e. Kick, Punch, Life.....  ::)

hmmmm.... ::)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

el_xero

well I just like to mix things up. I speak spanglish with friends for fun also. :) thanks for all your comments

diemilchmann

JKowalski

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Slade

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 27, 2010, 01:02:58 PM

Interesting that none of the other markings are in Espanol. i.e. Kick, Punch, Life.....  ::)

Is there a complaint? You one-idiomed!!!! Go and bother Pigiboy too, every pedal he makes has 2 idioms written on it :icon_mrgreen:
BTW, here you have the character you missed "ñ" ;)

Chris, that's awesome, really inspired and detailed etch! Like it a lot.

deadastronaut

Quote from: Slade on December 27, 2010, 08:04:19 PM
Quote from: deadastronaut on December 27, 2010, 01:02:58 PM

Interesting that none of the other markings are in Espanol. i.e. Kick, Punch, Life.....  ::)

Is there a complaint? You one-idiomed!!!! Go and bother Pigiboy too, every pedal he makes has 2 idioms written on it :icon_mrgreen:
BTW, here you have the character you missed "ñ" ;)

Chris, that's awesome, really inspired and detailed etch! Like it a lot.

no complaint'o  senor'o  slade'o.. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

yeah nice design chris....

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

ACS

Here's my latest - TS808 with a few mods (mainly of the Keely variety).  

WARNING: PICS BELOW NOT (OVERLY) SAFE FOR WORK

Most important mod though (IMO) is the addition of a 6-way rotary switch (labeled "NASTY") for clipping diodes - just gives you so many tonal possibilities.  I went for Ge (sym), Ge (asym), Si (sym, stock), Si (Asym), LED and fully lifted.  

- LED is probably my favourite - nice n' gritty, although the lifted setting gives a massive amount of boost if that's your thing.  
- Ge is much quieter (as you'd expect) and you need to push the Level ("BUMP") all the way up, but both settings give a lovely rounded OD.  

Quite usable tonally, def. moreso than my standard TS808...  Perspex LED glowing border in lieu of a normal LED on top, just cos  :biggrin:  Wish I was keeping this one, but it's an Xmas gift for the guitarist in our band...

My first crack at etching an enclosure - some bits worked really well, others not so. Next time, I need to sand the enclosure more to remove the blemishes from the enclosure casting, and also mask the big flat areas with lacquer as there were a few spots where the FeCl was just starting to go through the mask...  But overall, very pleased for my first effort.

Govmnt_Lacky

Is there a complaint? You one-idiomed!!!! BTW, here you have the character you missed "ñ" ;)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEASY there angry guy.....  :icon_lol: No need to be grouchy. Remember that these comments are coming from someone who has had nothing but misery when trying to etch enclosures!  :'(
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

Valoosj

Is there a complaint? You one-idiomed!!!!

Como mi profesor de español dijo, el monolingüismo es una enfermedad.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Slade

Quote from: Valoosj on December 28, 2010, 09:17:55 AM

Précisément.

Valoosj

Quote from: Slade on December 28, 2010, 10:14:18 AM

Précisément.

Qué fanfarronería  :icon_lol: vamos hacer una competición? Sin diccionario, claro  :icon_lol:
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Valoosj on December 28, 2010, 10:38:18 AM
Quote from: Slade on December 28, 2010, 10:14:18 AM

Précisément.

Qué fanfarronería  :icon_lol: vamos hacer una competición? Sin diccionario, claro  :icon_lol:

Sorry... didn't mean to offend. No need to get upset. Just thought it was a shame that you went through all of the trouble and POSSIBLY mis-spelled a word. I know I would be  :o :icon_mad: :icon_evil: if that happened to me.

Valoosj

I seriously doubt that Slade is serious about being offended or anything. We all know his spelling isn't always that good either  :icon_lol:
As this is a forum, don't take things too serious, it's very difficult to show your emotions in writing.

Slade

Hahaha, easy, Govmnt_Lacky...Of course I'm just kidding, I would never write like that seriously, and would never point and laugh to you because you only know one language... Maybe I'm still using too few smileys... Now seriously... One language??!?!!?! :D ;D :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:

Okay!!! Let's stop this OT. Here's my latest, the Neverdrive (an overdrive made to get a tone close to the song Neverland from Maryllion):

Audio Demo: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3565959/Neverdrive.ogg

Ciao!
Fernando.-

deadastronaut

marillion?

or

mary lion ?.....only joking guys.... :icon_wink:

nice one slade...(the master etcher) :icon_mrgreen:

edit:cant open ogg files...!!!!

Mugshot

i am what i am, so are you.

Slade

Quote from: Mugshot on December 29, 2010, 07:58:40 PM
my favorite grit-box!
That looks very cool. Did you built it? What are the controls?

Mugshot

Quote from: Slade on December 30, 2010, 08:56:56 AM
Quote from: Mugshot on December 29, 2010, 07:58:40 PM
my favorite grit-box!
That looks very cool. Did you built it? What are the controls?

the usual suspects: level, drive, bass and presence control  ;) really piercing with presence control all the way up. sounds good through a cold solid state marshall  :icon_mrgreen:
i am what i am, so are you.