News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glops

Finally started boxing up my PLL board. Added some mods and put a switchable megalith clone on the back end. I ended up moving most of the controls around on the PLL board so Im only taking advantage of 4 PCB mounted switches and pots which has made the off board wiring a bit of a nightmare. The boards are tested and true, but I anticipated some trouble shooting which will not be fun. I also wish I would have done it in black, but oh well. 1590G is a fun box to etch, my friends really are amazed by the big ones!

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Quote from: glops on October 21, 2014, 12:30:24 AM

Wow!  That's another huge build that looks like it came from a Boeing 707!   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

which has made the off board wiring a bit of a nightmare.

i bet it is...welcome to my world  ;D

looking cool man...epic project. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

glops

Thanks, guys.

Quote from: deadastronaut on October 21, 2014, 05:23:08 AM
which has made the off board wiring a bit of a nightmare.

i bet it is...welcome to my world  ;D

looking cool man...epic project. 8)

The wiring wasn't any worse than the Ring Stinger but it didn't fire up, of course  :-\

I had to add some washers under the rotaries to add some headroom for the non PCB mounted toggle switches. So either something is shorting out or I fe'd something else up. Hopefully, it won't be too awful. I got a new day job so I only have limited time to build these days. I will probably trouble shoot over the week. Should sound great once I figure it out.

Hexjibber

electrosonic

Amazing. I love the way it looks like an artifact -like you found it buried in your back yard.

Andrew.
  • SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

Cant wait to see that bad boy finished!!!  :icon_twisted:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

peterg

edy_wheazel

Hexjibber

Hello!

My newest build! Couple of firsts for me with this one, this is the first time I've used Eagle and had a PCB fabbed (OSH Park), I've since revised this board by removing the two vias I had, increasing the pad sizes and fattening up the traces. This one still works absolutely perfectly though!

Also after seeing a Madbean forum member's results (selfdestroyer) with the paint and reverse etch I had to give it a try and very pleased I did!

So it's a BE Musket fuzz and I have to say out of all the Muffs I've built this is probably my favourite thus far, I just like the tweakable nature of it I suppose and it sounds great to my doom hungry ears! ;)

Anyway enough babble, some pics;

Pants down;

Cheers! :)

peterg

Graham. That is a beautiful pedal.

Hexjibber

Quote from: peterg on October 23, 2014, 08:23:52 AM
Graham. That is a beautiful pedal.

Thanks Peter, I'm pretty proud of this one I have to say! :)

deadastronaut

stunner..

brave use of fine lines there man... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Hexjibber

Quote from: deadastronaut on October 23, 2014, 08:42:35 AM
stunner..

brave use of fine lines there man... 8)

Cheers Rob! :)

Yeah I know what you mean about the lines, tbh I think these are as small as it's possible to go with the method I use, although I'm sure I've said that before! ;)

Hexjibber

Schizo910

motvej

My new Photonic Juergulator (still not working good)
And Octave Up Sick Box
First experience with Caustic soda etching

Jimi Photon, thank for sharin wonderfull circuits and Hexjibber for etching tutorial!

Hexjibber

Quote from: motvej on October 25, 2014, 04:55:04 AM
First experience with Caustic soda etching

Jimi Photon, thank for sharin wonderfull circuits and Hexjibber for etching tutorial

Hey man, great builds and etching! Glad the tutorial was useful! Do you think you'll use Caustic now?