cliff fx-1 dsp boards ?!? looks interesting...

Started by Quackzed, July 21, 2010, 08:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quackzed

seems like a good product for diy... figured i'd post the link

http://www.cliffusa.com/content-digital-effects-modules.asp?PID=81

there are modules for guitar specifically as well as mixer type, karaoke etc...
24 bit/48khz and only 2.5" x 1" or so... not sure about control implementation but seems user friendly.
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Taylor

Doesn't sound like you can program it though. Seems like you can just pick some presets and they put your chosen programs into the memory. Since they have to program them based on your choices, I doubt they'll be selling them in DIY quantities of 1 or 2 - I'd think their minimum would be something like 100 or 1000 units.

Quackzed

yeah, i think they come pre programmed. but i think that custom programs aren't mandatory. i believe the 'guitar' one  as well as the karaoke and mixer ones are pre programmed with a set of effects deemed suitable for their use, so you MAY be able to purchase smaller quantities of those without any special 'customization'. just the standard fx-1g say... maybee
your probably right though- you'd probably have to buy a bunch of em. the site is definately geared towards supplying  businesses and not individuals...

Taylor

But maybe Steve at Small Bear would be into stocking them. I'm not sure what this has over the Spin FV-1, but new options are always nice. They don't seem to post what programs come in the guitar board, would be nice to know.

Quackzed

;D found a link to sound samples of the effects, not sure which are included for the guitar one, or mixer or karaoke, but heres the link...

http://www.dspdemo.com/

soundcheck is the definitive audio test disk ?
soundcheck is the definitive audio test disk !

Taylor

Quote from: Quackzed on July 21, 2010, 10:40:50 PM
;D found a link to sound samples of the effects, not sure which are included for the guitar one, or mixer or karaoke, but heres the link...

http://www.dspdemo.com/

soundcheck is the definitive audio test disk ?
soundcheck is the definitive audio test disk !

:icon_lol:

It sounds good, but super-generic, as you would expect this kind of thing to sound. I'm sure the audio engine is capable of quality sound, but those programs are snoozeville.

Ice-9

Sounds very good but the lack of being able to control any parameters with pots puts me off
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

cloudscapes

I dont know. The reason why I'd get into DSP is to do things analog or simple digital can't do. Basic echo and distortion effects aren't super appealing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

slotbot