Echodeck - Quad PT2399 delay/reverb/chorus

Started by ~arph, July 23, 2010, 03:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cordobes

Have you seen the Prince Dawner pedal, the "Bonnar"? Strangely it is very similar to what was proposed some time ago here!
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death.
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow.

~arph

No, but it looks fantastic! Need to check out the sounds. I bet it's dsp based. If it's quad pt2399 hats off.

~arph

Oh, and are you secretly involved? This seems a bit like a plug, but in my case a welcome one

cordobes

I'm not secretly involved, or anything, I noticed the similarity aesthetic level of what was proposed here. I also believe that use DSP, especially for the size of box.
Have you tried to add tap tempo using uC?
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death.
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow.

~arph

No have not tried that, should not be too hard as there is already an uC in there. I would build this thing quite different given the years passed. There are a couple of other very nice multi pt2399 projects out there now too.

JC103

What are the other projects called? Thanks. Been following this thread for a while, such a cool idea!

~arph

Well,

I might have missed a few.

On FSB (the other forum, can't link it here... free stomp boxes . org )
Search for: 
1. Time Lord Programmable Delay
2. "my new delay, over the top PT2399's"

Things you can find here:

3. The Rebote 3 from tonepad.
4. Abductor Delay by deadastronaut

Then there probably are a bunch of dual pt2399 projects here too.. and madbean is bound to have a multi pt2399 project too.

JC103

Thanks, looking forward to your finished project. Yes, I believe MB has some cool delays, but no multi-taps. Though the ZPSDX2 does have 8th note subdivisions. The Abductor looks amazing as well, still trying to wrap my head around it!