What are all the devices that use the Spin Semi FV-1?

Started by SeanCostello, July 27, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanCostello

Answering my own question, many years later:

Old Blood Noise
Catalinbread
Neunaber
Mr. Black
Earthquaker Devices
Red Panda
Keeley
Dr. Scientist (in the Bitrot)

Ice-9

Quote from: SeanCostello on March 12, 2016, 05:18:23 PM
Answering my own question, many years later:

Old Blood Noise
Catalinbread
Neunaber
Mr. Black
Earthquaker Devices
Red Panda
Keeley
Dr. Scientist (in the Bitrot)

Hello Sean, I haven't seen you posting lately over at the Spinsemi forum, I really liked following all your reverb threads. Hope your keeping well.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

SeanCostello

Quote from: Ice-9 on March 12, 2016, 06:10:05 PM

Hello Sean, I haven't seen you posting lately over at the Spinsemi forum, I really liked following all your reverb threads. Hope your keeping well.

Things are good! Been busy with the plugins lately. I recently released a new Shimmer cart for the Z-DSP (which uses an FV-1).

vigilante397

Not sure if this counts, but Blackstar uses the FV-1 for reverb in their smaller HT series amplifiers.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Ice-9

Quote from: SeanCostello on March 12, 2016, 06:32:07 PM
Quote from: Ice-9 on March 12, 2016, 06:10:05 PM

Things are good! Been busy with the plugins lately. I recently released a new Shimmer cart for the Z-DSP (which uses an FV-1).

@SeanCostello , Cool, I also recently posted the source for a shimmer on the spin site. Rather than a huge shimmer it is quite a subtle one, based around one of Keith Barr's excellent reverbs.

@vigilante, Yeah that counts

To add another pedal to the FV-1 list
Subdecay - superstring theory reverb
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

micromegas

add to the list:
Coldcraft effects
Alexander pedals
Walrus Audio Descent Reverb
Some of the ZCat pedals.
Software Developer @ bela.io

charonme

Quote from: SeanCostello on March 12, 2016, 05:18:23 PMOld Blood Noise
yes, specifically their Dark Star Pad Reverb. Btw it's funny that the FV-1 has two output channels, but the pedal is mono only. However the second channel is not disconnected, there's something going on, perhaps they're mixing it with the first channel or maybe they're feeding it back into the input?

Taylor

Quote from: charonme on March 22, 2016, 03:53:05 PM
yes, specifically their Dark Star Pad Reverb. Btw it's funny that the FV-1 has two output channels, but the pedal is mono only. However the second channel is not disconnected, there's something going on, perhaps they're mixing it with the first channel or maybe they're feeding it back into the input?

Disclaimer: I know nothing about this pedal and reverse-engineering boutique pedals ain't my bag. This post is for general discussion/educational purposes regarding the FV1 only.  :icon_wink:

I would guess it's used for the "hold" feature since the FV1 only has 3 control inputs, which are used by the knobs other than Mix. The switch controls can't be used for something like holding the audio buffer because the delay memory automatically gets wiped when switching to another program.

As I talked about 6 years ago on the first page of this thread (yeesh... time), I've used the second channel for an expression pedal, but the same technique would work for momentary switches like holding a reverb infinitely or a Johnny Greenwood-style buffer hold effect. Send some audio out the second output, use the switch like a burst button switch on this audio, send it back to the second audio input and read the level. If the audio gets quiet, do something in the code.

cloudscapes

Quote from: charonme on March 22, 2016, 03:53:05 PM

The FV-1 can only do a set number of calculations per audio sample. If you're building a stereo effect with the FV-1, it limits your ability to do more complex effects.

Not saying that's the case here, only that it's a possibility.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}