PT2399 inquiry

Started by ~arph, July 30, 2010, 09:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~arph

I was digging through the webs for info on the pt2399 and found an interesting lead. Yet unconfirmed.

Can someone verify this:  If you short pin 5 to ground. Do the echo's stop?

I'm trying to find out if pin 5 (clock output) is unbuffered or not.
If not.. we can connect a clock here and ignore pin 6. resulting in full linear control over the delay time.

JKowalski

I would expect it to be buffered.

But you could just put a low value resistor on it and figure out the impedance by seeing if the voltage is lowered.

slacker

Quote from: ~arph on July 30, 2010, 09:01:20 AM
Can someone verify this:  If you short pin 5 to ground. Do the echo's stop?

I'm afraid not, other than adding a load of hiss nothing happens if you short pin 5 to ground.

Shame really that you can't directly control the clock, some of the other chips in the range let you, but I think they are obsolete now.

JKowalski

Isnt there only two chips in the line - a SPI one that only has like 16 different settable delay times and the PT2399?

slacker

I think that's all there is now, there used to be the PT2395 as seen here http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs44_ddb.html, that allows an external clock to be used. I seem to remember seeing on the Princeton site that they were stopping making this though so I've never bothered playing with it.

JKowalski

Quote from: slacker on July 30, 2010, 01:23:24 PM
I think that's all there is now, there used to be the PT2395 as seen here http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs44_ddb.html, that allows an external clock to be used. I seem to remember seeing on the Princeton site that they were stopping making this though so I've never bothered playing with it.

Ah ok,

I was thinking about the PT2396, totally different.

I feel like I remember seeing that for sale at futurlec a while back but I checked and it's not there (anymore?). Smallbear actually has them, 5$.

But yes, it is hard to find, expensive, and takes up massive board real estate.