"Little Angel" - Super Simple PT2399 Mini Chorus

Started by frequencycentral, August 09, 2010, 08:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

I dont know if it is particular to this circuit however, I have put Op Amps in backwards and they have survived in most situations..... Actually 1 situation since it has only happened twice! So I guess you have a 50/50 shot.

Good Luck!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

clamup1

numbers

1-8.1
2-8.37
3-8.75
4-8.75
5-8.29
6-8.26
7-8.26
8-8.80

this is with the battery in and on the neg side.

Govmnt_Lacky

Uhhhhhh.... Hate to say it but. THAT BAD BOY IS FRIED!!!

That is unless you ran supply power to EVERY pin. You should have Input power on pin 8 and Ground on pin 4.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

clamup1

i was wondering why i had power on all the pins. damn. oh well i got more coming. i was hoping i would get this one to work first time

waltk

Quoteoh well i got more coming.

5532 opamps are highly recommended (a little low on the input impedance, but a great driver on output).  Not to start a debate or anything, but between these and TL072 you are pretty well covered for anything you would want to build.  Someone is selling 50 5532's on Ebay for 10.99 (including shipping) at the moment.  If you plan to continue building DIY stompboxes, I would just order a nice supply.

clamup1

i ordered some from small bear yesterday. i should of checked out ebay. thanks for the info. ill check them next go round

John Lyons

Quote from: waltk on September 04, 2010, 12:16:56 AM
Quoteoh well i got more coming.
Someone is selling 50 5532's on Ebay for 10.99 (including shipping) at the moment. 

Thanks for the tip. I got 50 and some caps as well.
50ish pages of non sorted items later... ::)
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Pigyboy

Hmm, I can only find a link for 50 x 5532's for $14.95 + 5 shipping on ebay. 

Will 5534's work as well? Is it much difference between the 5532 and the 5534?
I have a bunch of the 34's but no 32's.
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Earthscum

That's not bad. That comes out to 28 cents apiece. Tayda has them for 32 cents each, if you don't need 50. For $14.60 (after shipping) you still get 40. That's not bad, either.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/servlet/the-93/5532-DUAL-INSTRUMENTS-LOW/Detail
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

clamup1

oh i used a 3904 as the tranie. i read it could be used but didnt look to see if anything else had to be changed. will it work when i get the new chip or ar there other things that need to be changed?

frequencycentral

Quote from: clamup1 on September 06, 2010, 05:00:55 PM
oh i used a 3904 as the tranie. i read it could be used but didnt look to see if anything else had to be changed. will it work when i get the new chip or ar there other things that need to be changed?

The 3904 is a NPN transistor. The 'tranny' in this circuit is not a 'tranny', it's a 5v voltage regulator.

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

culturejam

Earthscum

Quote from: clamup1 on September 06, 2010, 05:00:55 PM

This doesn't use a transistor as the controlling element for the LFO like the designs for other PT delays use. This has 2 chips, a 5V regulator, and a handful of Resistors and caps (and whatever else you want to mod it with). The LFO connects directly to the chip.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

clamup1

i thought i read it in there somewhere oh well. now i need to beg the wife for more money.  :icon_redface:

Taylor

Pigyboy

Quote from: Taylor on September 07, 2010, 04:12:12 AM
That is indeed an unfortunate tranny surprise.
Had a 'Trannie' surprise in a bathroom in SF one night. Indeed, unfortunate.
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

clamup1

hey does the words on the LFO go toward the ic or away from it.

clamup1

[/quote]

sorry i found the pic

i get clean sound. no chorus. its prob the offboard wiring. i hate offboard wiring

Güero

Quote from: clamup1 on September 10, 2010, 04:17:58 PM

i get clean sound. no chorus. its prob the offboard wiring. i hate offboard wiring
[/quote]

I think that 7805 regulator is inverted...

Try the actual orientation

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.