"Little Angel" - Super Simple PT2399 Mini Chorus

Started by frequencycentral, August 09, 2010, 08:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earthscum

Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

Pigyboy

Quote from: Earthscum on October 03, 2010, 11:43:13 PM

Oh EarthScum that is beautiful. Looks like you have signed up to do a screen printing tutorial!
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Earthscum

oh yeah... forgot about the Gratuitous Gutshot!  ;D

Not the smartest layout decision... more like experimenting, since I know it's gonna be around to fix. Testing out a couple things: solid core wire layout, Krylon paint and etching primer. Probably won't do the wire trick again... looks nice, but it's a pain to do.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

Barcode80

I recently switched to solid core wire, and I will likely never use stranded again. It's just so much tidier...

Pigyboy

Quote from: Earthscum on October 04, 2010, 09:27:40 AM
oh yeah... forgot about the Gratuitous Gutshot!  ;D

Not the smartest layout decision... more like experimenting, since I know it's gonna be around to fix. Testing out a couple things: solid core wire layout, Krylon paint and etching primer. Probably won't do the wire trick again... looks nice, but it's a pain to do.
Is that the millenium switching array in there?
                                                            - FANG

culturejam

Earthscum, are you finding that an increased delay time results in noise/hiss?

Brymus

I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Earthscum

Quote from: culturejam on October 04, 2010, 03:03:26 PM

Actually, I did notice that a little bit, but this build is fairly hissy all around. MY slap-together works great, even with wires crammed in every orfice of the board.

And, yes... that's a millennium. I used a blue LED and ended up using 51k as a drop resistor... never saw that before. All other LED's (except clear yellow ones) had NO light at all, but this setup I used the 51k (not 5.1k!) and had to use a 100k parallel to the LED to get the fet to turn all the way off. Usually I'm sitting on a 3.3k and somewhere around a 4.7k parallel. I thought it was my fet... nope. diode? nope... just the blue LED.  Not alot of current through it, so I'm definitely not complaining!

Pigyboy

Quote from: Earthscum on October 04, 2010, 06:27:03 PM

Actually, I did notice that a little bit, but this build is fairly hissy all around. MY slap-together works great, even with wires crammed in every orfice of the board.

And, yes... that's a millennium. I used a blue LED and ended up using 51k as a drop resistor... never saw that before. All other LED's (except clear yellow ones) had NO light at all, but this setup I used the 51k (not 5.1k!) and had to use a 100k parallel to the LED to get the fet to turn all the way off. Usually I'm sitting on a 3.3k and somewhere around a 4.7k parallel. I thought it was my fet... nope. diode? nope... just the blue LED.  Not alot of current through it, so I'm definitely not complaining!
Thanks for the lowdown David. Where are you getting your momentary switches? Oh, and how about the screen printing tutorial? :P
What band do you play in anyways?
Cheers,
Chris
                                                            - FANG

Scruffie

Quote from: Earthscum on October 04, 2010, 06:27:03 PM

With Ultra Bright Blues I always found the millenium only worked with 10k & 10k for both resistors or else the LED just blew up.

Earthscum

Quote from: Pigyboy on October 04, 2010, 06:42:25 PM
Thanks for the lowdown David. Where are you getting your momentary switches? Oh, and how about the screen printing tutorial? :P
What band do you play in anyways?
Cheers,
Chris

This one is DPDT latching, mechanical true bypass.

Been getting requests for that lately... probably be more of a bill of materials, and how to use them... the actual screening is easy... just feel, patience, and getting your hands on. Care and handling of materials is actually more crucial... but, I may do a PDF writeup for the DIY'er who's like me and tries to dive in head first.

And, band is in the sig  ;D

Pigyboy

You know I had looked at and pondered your sig but didn't click it but now I clicked it an dyou FB like button too. Great name, kind of Ween-ish!
                                                            - FANG

boog

daniel_venticinco

Govmnt_Lacky ,por favor poste seu esquema, achei interessante os controles que vc adicionou ao seu projeto.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please post your schema, I found it interesting that the controls you added to your project.

Daniel.

Earthscum

Quote from: daniel_venticinco on October 05, 2010, 06:11:37 PM
Govmnt_Lacky ,por favor poste seu esquema, achei interessante os controles que vc adicionou ao seu projeto.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please post your schema, I found it interesting that the controls you added to your project.

Daniel.

The white & blue one is mine. I have the pot mods posted on page 8.

I think I have a new mod... taking the LED+ from the regulator. I have a pedal that turns on, but no sound... the 9V got too low, but it is still powering the LED. Shouldn't be hard by any means, but at least you will be able to tell when your audio is shut down (when the PT is no longer getting voltage from the reg).

daniel_venticinco

Govmnt_Lacky

Desculpe-me  pela confusão,  não havia visto que o projeto com os mods seria o da pagina 8, obrigado por esclarecer para mim.
mais uma vez me perdoem por não conhercer bem a lingua inglesa.

Sorry for the confusion, had not seen the project with the mods would be on page 8, thanks for clarifying for me.
Once again forgive me for not Getting started and the English language.

thanks.
DAniel

askwho69

Earthscum! thats a beautiful and very clean@@@@ no Doubt your room is very Clean!
"To live is to die"

ppatchmods

anyone worked up a vero layout for this yet? i've tried my hand at it and it was an epic fail...
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

thehoj

I just did this up, and can't help but think I might be able to make use of more depth for a bit more versatility. How might I go about accomplishing that with this circuit?

By the way, I really love the design, and I think it'll have a permanent place on my board. I love the subtle shimmery-ness I can add to my sound.