Echo Base and humbuckers

Started by Hupla, August 13, 2010, 05:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hupla

Ok so im just doing up the echo base now With taylor's fantastic PCB and I have already done the mod for humbuckers that replaces the two 47k resistors with 22k ones and Im just wondering if I shud still bother leaving out the 2 diodes? As I heard that helps aswell?
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

Slade

Yeah, do it, it helps with high gain humbuckers, I have almost no distortion in mine after taking the diodes out and at infinite repeats it still sounds great ;)

Hupla

thanks slade ill just leave them out then. but if it sounds crap i know who to blame ;)

BoxOfSnoo

I left mine in, after changing the resistors.  Why don't you put them on a switch?
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

Hupla

Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on August 16, 2010, 09:19:40 PM
I left mine in, after changing the resistors.  Why don't you put them on a switch?

Ah I just dont want loads of switches on it. Im leaving out the tails switch too. If I badly need it, it's only an afternoons work.

Do you have them on a switch though? Id be interested in hearing the difference with and without?

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: Hupla on August 18, 2010, 07:56:56 AM
Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on August 16, 2010, 09:19:40 PM
I left mine in, after changing the resistors.  Why don't you put them on a switch?

Ah I just dont want loads of switches on it. Im leaving out the tails switch too. If I badly need it, it's only an afternoons work. 

Do you have them on a switch though? Id be interested in hearing the difference with and without?

No I initially had taken them out before I lowered the resistors, but ended up putting them back in. For my JB pickup it's just about right. I figure an analog voiced delay wants to have some distortion on the repeats, and this is subtle enough that it still sounds good when clean.
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it