What else would you like to see PCB projects for?

Started by Taylor, September 05, 2010, 08:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Skruffyhound

I'm afraid they are all over at the new Forum amp thread Dave. I'm disappointed, I was looking forward to something unusual out of this thread. Oh well, maybe next time.

Taylor

Well, it doesn't have to be one or the other. The TZ flanger is a great idea and it will probably happen, but it's such a massive undertaking to do it really well. I'm not sure I have the skills yet. I don't want to do a hack job of it.

Scruffie

Quote from: Taylor on September 13, 2010, 03:57:53 PM
Well, it doesn't have to be one or the other. The TZ flanger is a great idea and it will probably happen, but it's such a massive undertaking to do it really well. I'm not sure I have the skills yet. I don't want to do a hack job of it.
You said you like a challenge  :icon_mrgreen:

Although there are things to take into consideration with a layout of such a circuit, I wouldn't think it would be tooo hard to layout right, I mean... Marcusw' layout was done on an a standard EM Board with an Add on circuit and that turned out fine so I think with a bit of care (just seperating the layouts a bit and not crossing lines) it'd probably work fine, on board pots are going to help I imagine too with the lack of wiring to cross over so I think if you posted the layout before you had it commisioned so that people could cast a decent eye over it we probably wouldn't run into too much issue...

Your layouts of what i've seen have been nice and clean already, you don't seem underexperienced!

Taylor

If anybody is able to put together a verified schematic for a TZ flanger, I will give it a go. I think the things posted so far need some more work to get there, right? I also need to contact those who did/will do the work of designing these circuits/add-ons to work out the particular$ in private.

diemilchmann

jkokura

Scruffie

Scruffie

Quote from: Taylor on September 13, 2010, 06:40:33 PM
If anybody is able to put together a verified schematic for a TZ flanger, I will give it a go. I think the things posted so far need some more work to get there, right? I also need to contact those who did/will do the work of designing these circuits/add-ons to work out the particular$ in private.
As far as we know... they shouldn't need anymore work no, aslong as they get verified as working I think they're good to go (Our Pal Old School Analog up there is hopefully working on the verification part)
Thomeeque is gunna be the main person to contact he did the 3007/3207 conversion schematics and did the design for the new TZF Board (Based off Marcusw old principal idea...) along with Old School Analog for doing the verifying bit. (Hope I didn't miss anyone there.)

Skruffyhound

I think it's almost there after a little tweaking. I believe you can do it, your boards have been well thought through in the past. This one is more tricky, but having read all the threads, it seems those in the know seem to think it is doable on a single board.
       It would be nice to be able to test the design before having to pay for the first test boards. I'm almost there where I can make double sided boards at home, let me know if you need a beta tester.

azrael

So...whats everyone leaning to? TZF Electric Mistress using a 3007?  :icon_biggrin: I know I would love that.

RonaldB

How about a PCB design for the:

Lovetone - Ringstinger and Meatball

RonaldB