1/4" JACK SOCKET - SWITCHING.....OK To Rip Legs Off?!?!?!

Started by peps1, November 27, 2010, 11:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peps1

Never really used switching jacks in builds  before, and was wondering If I could rip one set of legs turning it into a enclosed non-switching, to allow a extra 5-10mm of space in a TIGHT build to avoid shorting as the PCB is resting just above one set (as long as I remove the external connecting legs, not the ones that make contact with the Jack?)

Make sense? its 4am, Im high so this could all read as gibberish for all I know, right im off to watch Harry Potter and the deathly hallows with a bowl of cornflakes.

Barcode80

The ones you have marked as "rip off these legs" (the ones that bend over the top) are the contacts for the plug, they have to be there. The other side can be ripped though.

darron

I remember we used to have to bend those in for some amp builds... Go nuts if you can do it neatly.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

John Lyons

I vote to break stuff! And I'm not even high.  :icon_lol:
Just bend them as you can hurt anything doing that.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

peps1

:icon_biggrin:

Ripped them out! worked really well, even played with all sorts of bending, twisting, grinding and Dremel tomfoolery!

Really easy to mod for tight squeeze build, but I recommend sobriety and a cup of tea be attempting!