"Noise Ensemble" - simple PT2399 abuse!

Started by anchovie, October 10, 2010, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babajoux

Quote from: frequencycentral on October 10, 2010, 08:31:25 PM
Here's a PCB layout. Unverified. Did it real quick so it will need checking by a pair of sharp eyes. The part numbers follow anchovie's stripboard part numbers. I added D1 for polarity protection and C7 for ripple stability. 1590A anyone?

Hi, do you still have the layout flying around somewhere? Could you Please post it again? That would be awesome!

Babajoux

Hi,

Just made a schematic of what perterg was drawing..
Have not tested it.

acronso

mikepurcell

Has anyone else built this off this most recent layout? I built it last night and the 50k echo pot goes very quickly from a usable wet/dry mix to fully wet. Entirely possible it's an error on my vero though.

I'm diving into wrapping my head around this circuit today. I've just recently started doing a lot of 2399 builds. This circuit is super cool, and really sounds unique.

chip

This is an oldie, I realize, but I wanted to build a Noise Ensemble and most of the original image files of the schematics seem to have gone away.

I have no way of telling if this was exactly what was intended, but I tried to draw it based on Parasit's layout and thought it might be helpful to someone else.

I did build it, including the feedback mod from Parasit, and it came out way better than I expected: https://dunningkrugerfx.com/fiasco

sinthmart

Thank you for bringing the topic back. Only now I saw where the circuits with 2399 that I saw before came from. All original photos of the diagrams have disappeared over time. And it would be interesting to see the original scheme with which it all began. that's her?
I am interested in inventing and making sound devices.

sinthmart

Quote from: chip on April 15, 2024, 11:49:18 AMbut I tried to draw it based on Parasit's layout and thought it might be helpful to someone else.
I soldered it according to this scheme. Disappointed so far.
The circuit starts up on its own and sounds on its own. And it doesn't sound very rich in variations. Monotonous. I still don't understand what else to change in it.
I am interested in inventing and making sound devices.