Looking for some pointers on an ambitious project...

Started by noouch, October 12, 2010, 08:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noouch

Hi everyone. Newbie checking in!

After a bit of brainstorming, I've come up with an algorithm that I'd like to implement in hardware. I've got sort of a prototype put together using Reaper and JesuSonic. The problem is that the final implementation requires an embedded solution, and I'm completely new to embedded DSP. I've done a bit of programming in various languages and have a small bit of Arduino and PIC experience, so programming isn't really the issue. The real difficulty I'm having is finding a DSP that fits my needs:

- I want to process hexaphonic input. This means individual interpolated delay lines, waveshaping (by lookup tables) and (possibly multiple) filters for six input channels of at least 16bits at 44.1ksps
- The sum will be fed to a stereo output
- Extra processing power for post-processing of the stereo output signal would be nice to have as well, but not a must
- Fast (<25ms) polling of knobs is required so the feedback is snappy

So I guess what I'm looking for is a reasonably cheap dev board with a moderately powered DSP and A/D support for six channels, or at least a nudge in the right direction. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Jaicen_solo

Sounds like an interesting project.
It's not something I can help you with, but I'm all over the hex processing thing!