Big Muff version to get Korn tone

Started by caspercody, May 21, 2010, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

2 choose the speaker and cabinet type.
3 an amp will be needed, choose one of these also.
4 try the BMP/amp/speaker with a guitar/pickups you've chosen.
5 see what it does and doesn't do.
6 *Read the mods, understand the circuit, know what each and every component in the circuit does, *use intuition to make it 'better' for your application.
7 Try it on a different amp/speaker/guitar...imagine these differences are why when following the schematic the other guy used for his application have the same problems as when you're swapping 'peripheral' gear.
8 The little speaker that says 'no bass' will work differently than the one that says 'no bass please', the latter might not take to opened up bass content, the former might prefer the added bass drive. The Big Speaker will have a very different response to however the bass was rolled off for the little speaker.
1 Breadboard, use a preboost if your pickup is 'medium' to low output.
9 Make the second BMP, 'race them', figure out why the winner of the BMP position BMP won, make the loser win the next race.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Derringer

Quote from: petemoore on August 04, 2010, 12:03:47 PM
2 choose the speaker and cabinet type.
3 an amp will be needed, choose one of these also.
4 try the BMP/amp/speaker with a guitar/pickups you've chosen.
5 see what it does and doesn't do.
6 *Read the mods, understand the circuit, know what each and every component in the circuit does, *use intuition to make it 'better' for your application.
7 Try it on a different amp/speaker/guitar...imagine these differences are why when following the schematic the other guy used for his application have the same problems as when you're swapping 'peripheral' gear.
8 The little speaker that says 'no bass' will work differently than the one that says 'no bass please', the latter might not take to opened up bass content, the former might prefer the added bass drive. The Big Speaker will have a very different response to however the bass was rolled off for the little speaker.
1 Breadboard, use a preboost if your pickup is 'medium' to low output.
9 Make the second BMP, 'race them', figure out why the winner of the BMP position BMP won, make the loser win the next race.

10 stick in a valve with a cleverly hidden LED behind it so that you can say it has a valve

petemoore

Hopefully by the time you get to 10, #1 is working/passable.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

tuckster

Nothing to find about this Bigger Muff. Not even a single picture. Someone told me That I can find everything on the internet... that's such a big lie  :icon_smile:
  • SUPPORTER

gena_p1

Use cheap yellow ceramic capacitors.
That's is the main secret of black russian big muffs and small stones :)  :D

Pedal love

I knew them when I lived in Bakersfield. I don't know what they use now, but they used Mesa amps before the fame. I would try a Big Muff pi
(green russian)