Switchable expression pedal

Started by ercsguitar, October 30, 2010, 11:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ercsguitar

I've got a crybaby I'm modding and I want to put an expression out on it to a stationary pot, so it's like %^&*ing the wah in one spot, but more precise. I think I know how to do it by plugging in a cable, but I want to be able to do it on the fly with a switch so I can go from regular wah to stationary wah with just a tap of the pedal. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks for your help.

ercsguitar

It would be helpful if the switch was not on the rocker pedal, but on the external stompbox.

jkokura

You can generally externalize most switchable features of a pedal using a jack and small box with a switch. I don't see how you can mount it to a crybaby easily though, as the rocker takes up ALL of the top surface of the pedal. Where would you mount the stomp switch to? Can you give us some more info on what you're going to be doing to the crybaby? Do you have a newer or an older Wah? Do you know exactly how to do the mod you want or do you need help with that?

Jacob

MikeH

Lol - the forum filter blocked out 'c0cking', which actually made something completely harmless sound bad.  Lol... '%^&* blocked' huhuh.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

jkokura

I think there are some projects where you can actually build a 'parked' wah in a separate enclosure. I know 'real estate' is often at a premium, but rather than mess and possibly wreck your wah, why not just build a separate parked wah pedal?

Jacob