Creating a basic click track device with MIDI

Started by spargo, November 12, 2010, 01:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spargo

I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of or done a project like this before...I want to make a device that can output a basic click track via a 1/4" mono plug, where the tempo is set either by a tap tempo switch, or as a MIDI Clock input.  In particular I would be using the MIDI Out of an Eventide pedal to set the tempo on this box, which would then output the same tempo click via its audio jack.  Anybody know what direction to head on this?

Processaurus

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=80081.0 For just the midi sync.

As for the tap tempo thing, it kind of sounds like you just want a drum machine with tap tempo and MIDI, why solder and headscratch when you could probably get a used one that does that and more for $75?

potul

I would go the PIC way.
It is fairly easy to get the MIDI clock into  a PIC. Generating the click will be a little more complicated and will require some external components, but I think it is more than doable. TAP tempo in a PIC (or AVR) is also a question of programming. You can find good code examples in the tap tempo LFO electricduid has.

Potul