Small Lot of SAD1024A

Started by smallbearelec, November 13, 2010, 10:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

I get this kind of call once-in-a-while. Guy has an organ-repair shop and found a couple of aluminum tubes of these. So I bought them, tested all in my Electric Mistress and have posted for sale at $30.00 each. One to a customer, please!

I am happy to be an "exchange" for scarce parts like this. If you run into a lot of something that would be of use to your fellow DIYers and want to sell bulk or trade for other goods, please keep the Cave in mind. Now that I think about it, I will find some way to mention this on the Home page.

Regards
SD

jmasciswannabe

Get em while they are hot! 45 and counting!!!

Thanks Steve. Sure is cool of you to sell these for a reasonable price. I am hoping they will go to people who genuinely need them to make some projects or old classics come to life!!
....the staircase had one too many steps

Skruffyhound

44, I'm going to save it til 2034 so I can retire in style.

Scruffie

Quote from: smallbearelec on November 13, 2010, 10:47:26 PM
I get this kind of call once-in-a-while. Guy has an organ-repair shop and found a couple of aluminum tubes of these. So I bought them, tested all in my Electric Mistress and have posted for sale at $30.00 each. One to a customer, please!

I am happy to be an "exchange" for scarce parts like this. If you run into a lot of something that would be of use to your fellow DIYers and want to sell bulk or trade for other goods, please keep the Cave in mind. Now that I think about it, I will find some way to mention this on the Home page.

Regards
SD
I do have something... but it's not really of use to us DIYers but the organ repair guy might be interested, I have 3 x Gold Pin, 8 Pin DIP Versions of the TCA350Y 185 Stage BBDs, these were used in Lowrey organs and are incredibly rare now... I don't really have any need for them so i'd rather they were going to good use other than sitting in my draw for the next 10 years, might be something to ask him  ???

Cliff Schecht

I won't use hard to find parts like the SAD chips and the Curtis synth IC's, I prefer to let the people with broken vintage equipment buy them up and use them to repair their stuff. If they can't find that one IC to repair their unit, it goes from a valuable box to a doorstop. Plus $30 is prohibitively expensive for use in anything that I'd ever want to build..

rustypinto

too bad SAD4096's don't just pop up like that. I will be first in line if it ever happens.

Building retro-fit boards with MN3205 can be a pain sometimes.
  • SUPPORTER

smallbearelec

Quote from: Cliff Schecht on November 14, 2010, 02:01:34 PM
I prefer to let the people with broken vintage equipment buy them up and use them to repair their stuff. Plus $30 is prohibitively expensive for use in anything that I'd ever want to build..

Hi Cliff--

That is the idea. I never encourage people to build with really scarce stuff. The high price is partly a function of what the chips cost, partly time spent testing by hand and partly a disincentive to use in a clone.

Skruffyhound

Of course one could easily become the owner of one of those doorstops for a reasonable price if one had the knowledge and the requisite chip to make it worth ones while. Thus rescuing mojo vintage gear from the landfill.
    While not peanuts, 30 dollars still doesn't cover enough of my work hours for me to figure out a retrofit.
    If I don't find the perfect piece of kit that it can call home then I can still pass it on to a desperate gear head in a few years. It's not going to go bad, not if it can survive in organ mans cellar since the 70's.

bean

Ordered! I know what I will build, too. I missed out on a killer vintage MXR Flanger deal on eBay a while back. Broken pedal with one SAD1024 and two 512's. I missed it by one dollar :(

Thanks for making these available, Steve. I've seen them go for quite a bit more!

MoltenVoltage

MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!