EBC41 double-diode triode booster

Started by ppaappoo, November 23, 2010, 11:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasperoosthoek

What you want does not exist in electronics you can buy. Not because it's impossible but because it's unsafe. I mean seriously 'can kill you' unsafe.

I think you need to read a fair bit more before you attempt high voltage circuits. The things you propose show that your knowledge of electronics isn't at the level where you can design things that can kill you yourself.

Please tinker all you want with low voltage electronics but only build tried and tested high voltage circuits. ;)
[DIYStompbox user name]@hotmail.com

ppaappoo

Quote from: jasperoosthoek on November 25, 2010, 04:42:56 PM
What you want does not exist in electronics you can buy. Not because it's impossible but because it's unsafe. I mean seriously 'can kill you' unsafe.

I think you need to read a fair bit more before you attempt high voltage circuits. The things you propose show that your knowledge of electronics isn't at the level where you can design things that can kill you yourself.

Please tinker all you want with low voltage electronics but only build tried and tested high voltage circuits. ;)

Ok, I've worked with valve circuits and I've also designed some sources.

The high voltage of this circuit is tested, and I've done before. The heaters section is a regulated source with a simple 7806.

you can use two 110/9v transformer or 220/9 and 220/18v or a custom with 9v and 110v outlets

jasperoosthoek

That would work fine ;). Just don't consider rectifying the mains power and directly connecting it to you circuit. You scared me a bit...  :icon_eek:

markeebee

Jasper - That's why the rest of the world should adopt UK mains plugs and sockets. Can only be inserted one way, so the live and neutral can't be swapped. And always properly fused.

Everybody should drive on the left, as well. And complain about the weather more.

jasperoosthoek

Quote from: markeebee on November 26, 2010, 02:58:50 AM
Jasper - That's why the rest of the world should adopt UK mains plugs and sockets. Can only be inserted one way, so the live and neutral can't be swapped. And always properly fused.
That's until some hack wired his own house or the socket the wrong way :). And what if you don't have a fuse in your socket, do you still have a mains fuse? I admit that the UK sockets are big m!#$%f!#&@*s. The US sockets look tiny in comparison. Our German/French sockets are ok but can be swapped. So you can never rely of it and always have to be safe. Most technically inclined people here don't even know that there is a live and a neutral wire...

Everybody should drive on the left, as well. And complain about the weather more.
Left can never be right. :icon_mrgreen:

ppaappoo