Way OT: Keyboards

Started by petemoore, October 01, 2003, 12:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

But I need info from a reliable source again.
 I need to get a keyboard going again.
 The last one I had [Optimus from RS] was OK, [I wore it out] but I'm thinking of going MIDI since I have the soundcard and recording programs setup and working on the puter.
 High quality touch sensativity [that lasts] is a primary consideration, piano, Organ and drums sounds are needed...maybe [I never tried] MIDI would get those...they're nice ot have in the keyboard though...
 I like buying these type items new, and I'm trying to find the 'deal' ona good one.
  Sorry for the OT, but I'm trying to record guitars, and find I need the backup/rythm and contrast that I used to get with the keyboard...
  Besides ... [it's really not OT because] I plan to use stompboxes with it!!!
  Any guidance/suggestions are welcome!!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

aron

How much do you want to spend?

petemoore

Im thinking I should get a good one...net entirely sure about these items and whats required for this and that...
 500 or less I guess..btu knowing the way I am: never satisfied, and not familiar with Keyboard buying so much as guitars, I'm looking for a barometer/refernece to help me decide if, how much I need to spend [to do such'n such], or just go for an item that has a good track record for a great deal.
 Good' organ sounds seem easier to [less expensive] than Piano sounds to find on ~500$ units.
  I'm much better at using them than I am at verbalizing my lack of understanding the shopping process.
  I guess just now as I think of it..looking at harmony central....reviews [ ]

petemoore

Again and I feel lucky to be able to get on here.
 The Yahoo adress comes up but no Yahoo page, and I'm only able to see at Harmony central for maybe 30 secs before it can't be displayed...puters...
 thinkn about ditchin windows 2000, reformatting and loading W.98 on this one