Neovibe need help

Started by FuzzFace_EXP, December 16, 2010, 07:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzzFace_EXP

I finshed my neovibe last night got it working on the first try  :icon_biggrin: This thing is AMAZING man what great pedal. I didn't do any mod to it. The only mod I'm planning on doing is the volume drop mod. I know theres every answer i need on this forum about this pedal but i can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I wanted to know how to get the bulb to turn off when the effect is not engaged so it can prolong the life of the bulb. The other thing is i never add a led to any pedal i ever made witch isn't many really. I would love to add one to this one but not so sure where to connect it to. If you guys can help out that or direct me to the correct post that would be awesome. Thanks.

R.G.

Quote from: FuzzFace_EXP on December 16, 2010, 07:27:39 PM
I finshed my neovibe last night got it working on the first try
Congratulations. Good work!
I wanted to know how to get the bulb to turn off when the effect is not engaged so it can prolong the life of the bulb.
Short the base of the driver transistor to ground when you turn off the effect. That's how the original was turned off. The pad labeled "X" or "Cancel" is there to do this.

QuoteThe other thing is i never add a led to any pedal i ever made witch isn't many really. I would love to add one to this one but not so sure where to connect it to. If you guys can help out that or direct me to the correct post that would be awesome.
There are several ways. The simplest is to put a resistor and LED in series, and run that in parallel with the bulb. You'll need a bigger than normal resistor for the LED.  Another is to put the LED in series with the bulb. These are special cases, with side effects, but if you can do it one of these ways, it's very simple.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

FuzzFace_EXP

Quote from: R.G. on December 16, 2010, 10:09:34 PM
Quote from: FuzzFace_EXP on December 16, 2010, 07:27:39 PM
I finshed my neovibe last night got it working on the first try
Congratulations. Good work!
I wanted to know how to get the bulb to turn off when the effect is not engaged so it can prolong the life of the bulb.
Short the base of the driver transistor to ground when you turn off the effect. That's how the original was turned off. The pad labeled "X" or "Cancel" is there to do this.

QuoteThe other thing is i never add a led to any pedal i ever made witch isn't many really. I would love to add one to this one but not so sure where to connect it to. If you guys can help out that or direct me to the correct post that would be awesome.
There are several ways. The simplest is to put a resistor and LED in series, and run that in parallel with the bulb. You'll need a bigger than normal resistor for the LED.  Another is to put the LED in series with the bulb. These are special cases, with side effects, but if you can do it one of these ways, it's very simple.

Thanks man. So would i just hookup a cable from pad X and connect it to a poll on the DPDT switch? Thanks for the info i appreciate it.

R.G.

Quote from: FuzzFace_EXP on December 17, 2010, 01:54:12 AM
Thanks man. So would i just hookup a cable from pad X and connect it to a poll on the DPDT switch? Thanks for the info i appreciate it.
A lot depends on what else you're doing with that DPDT. This setup would require half the DPDT for just the "cancel". You can't do true bypass with what's left - if that's important to you.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.