Small flanger schematic?

Started by Sedrikk1250, December 30, 2010, 12:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedrikk1250

Hi,
I'm new here and after spending hundreds on effect pedals and still being disappointed I decided to try and make my own. So for my first project I want to build a fuzz pedal with a built in flanger (set at depth 100 and rate 0 for a siren effect) with only a mix knob and an on/off switch. So basically I just need a good schematic to help me build a small flanger.

Thanks!

Mark Hammer

The difference between building a fuzz and a flanger is like the difference between riding a tricycle and commandeering a Mac truck.  I.E., there ARE no "simple" flanger designs.  There are certainly some that are simpler than others, but none that I would recommend to a novice unless I wanted to see them wallow in troubleshooting hell.

I'm just trying to be kind here, not nasty.  If your building chops are indeed more up to speed than your post suggests, I will happily revise my recommendation, but for the time being stick with the simple stuff.

Sedrikk1250

Yeah I understand the difference. What I mean is it will be like a big muff into a flanger. The depth will be set (micro pot) at 99 and rate at 1(think air raid siren) with the mix being the only knob you can see on the pedal(besides the fuzz vol and texture). So by small I mean like a simple mxr micro flange instead of 6 knob workstation ;D. Right now I have the parts for the fuzz, but I'm finishing a custom kt-88 tube preamp(smashing pumpkins style). And yeah I have an understanding of everything, I'm just diving into more advanced effects.

Scruffie

Guyatone FL-3 would be my suggestion for simple, that or the Hollis Ultra Flanger.