Looper pedal popping

Started by CodeMonk, January 04, 2011, 08:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeMonk

I recently built a small looper pedal.
Loop 1 and Loop 2.

The loops work like so...
Loop1 = Guitar > Loop Pedal > Loop1 Send > Pedalboard > Loop1 return > Out to amp

Loop2 = Guitar > Loop Pedal > Loop2 Send > Treble Booster > Loop2 return > Out to amp

I built this cause my treble booster doesn't play nice with other pedals. I've tried putting it before and after the other pedals and all sorts of variations.
It only uses the 9v to power the LEDs. The LED resistors are pretty much not needed in this case though.
The issue with the loops pedal is the popping.
I have 1M resistor for the pulldowns, but it still pops. One 1M resistor for each loop send and return. In my limited experience, 1M for the pulldown works fine, but not in this case.

Maybe try higher value or lower value for the pulldowns. I'm thinking lower value.

Thanks.

Heres the layout:

ayayay!

You'd want higher resistors, if anything, but I doubt that's the issue anyway.  1meg should be plenty good.

My wager is that since you're only using one 3PDT, you've got DC just floating around on the unused set of lugs.  Switch them, and now DC is floating on the other set.  This schema provides no way of grounding the input(s) of the Pedalboard or Treble Booster inputs while unused. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.