Fulltone GT-500 layout/schematic

Started by Sanguinicus, January 29, 2011, 02:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanguinicus

I'm not one for dirt boxes, but I love the sound of of the Fulltone GT-500. I'd really like to build one so if anyone has any schematics or layouts, or anything that could be of help, shoot them over.

Who's got one of these? What are your opinions?

bean

I had one for a while but never traced it. I did check it thoroughly enough to get the gist. You can get something very similar by using PaulC's Fat Bastard for the boost side, and cascaded SSRP's on the distortion side with a TMB type tone control. Switching the order is done with a 4pdt.

I have a few guts shots somewhere...

Sanguinicus

Hmm. So you're saying schematics and layouts don't exist? I'd really love a clone of it.

MikeH

Some info here:

http:// free stomp boxes .org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=319&hilit=gt500

(you have to remove the spaces in the url)
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

bean

Quote from: Sanguinicus on January 29, 2011, 08:29:50 AM
Hmm. So you're saying schematics and layouts don't exist? I'd really love a clone of it.

I'm saying they don't, AFAIK. I may still have the list of components written down...I'll have a look and see if I can find them.

My initial impression was that it was a 3 or 4 layer board. I could not seem to find the right number of traces on the top or bottom. But, I could be wrong about that. Anyway, after seeing the components and their approximate arrangement I came to the conclusion that the design is pretty close to what I listed above.