Splitter box with LINE OUT?

Started by Jule553648, February 03, 2011, 11:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jule553648

Is there a schematic for a pedal which:

- would be at the end of the signal chain (behind all other pedals) and it would split the signal , so that it would go into an amp as it would normally go, and it would also have a line out, so I could plug it in the computer.

So, no effect on the signal, just with an added line out, low impedance, more powerfull output, possibly with the volume control.

I think that the power is similar to the headphone level.

familyortiz

Here's a link to R.G.'s hum free splitter with much info. You could use the direct out with a bit more gain added to achieve line level.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64924.0

boogietube

Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

familyortiz

If you're needing balanced output like an XLR, you can also put the last stage of my design, in this link, into the Hum Free Splitter. The single chip implementation is easy to build and performs nicely.

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=44267&g2_GALLERYSID=202930447455a556cf48950d69183888

Jule553648

I am searching for cheap solution for using the guitar in Guitar Rig program.

Gurner

I might be missing the point  here, but if  you want to split the signal after it has passed through your signal chain (ie it's already low impedance), then why not use a simple splitter adapter? One leg/output to your amp, the other to your PC?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-35mm-6-3mm-1-4-Mono-Jack-2-into-1-Splitter-Adapter-/320552270115?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item4aa2677923

no volume control, but your soundcard & amp have those already.

Edit: yes - I have missed the point....My soundcard has an instrument in socket for Hi Zs - most haven't!!

Jule553648

I also need to amplyfy the signal for the line in, otherwise I get more noise.

waltk

I wanted something similar, and came up with this (recording interface):

So it has one input for guitar, then splits the signal into 2 using a dual opamp (with independently adjustable gain).  Half of the split signal goes to an (optional) effects loop, and the other half is is unprocessed.  The outputs are for an amp (mono), and a stereo recording interface (like the line-in on your computer).  It's not shown on the schematic, but the output going to the amp can be switched (with a single SPDT switch) to get its signal from either the effects loop, or the straight unprocessed signal.

Well, I made a mess of describing this, and you may be wondering I would want such a beast.  It's for capturing a video sound track.  I can hear myself playing through the amp (with or without the effects in the loop at the the flip of a switch), and simultaneously record both the processed and unprocessed signal on the two stereo channels - with the left channel being the unprocessed signal, and the right channel containing output from the effect loop.  When I edit the video, I can have both channels in the sound track, and A/B them on playback by adusting the (stereo) balance.

Edit: So I think you could have what you wanted with this by deleting the effects loop, and just rewiring the output jacks.  The signal levels to the amp and computer interface can be adjusted indepently.

familyortiz

waltk,
   Have you heard any hum issues with your design? Just curious given the non isolated outputs.

waltk

QuoteHave you heard any hum issues with your design? Just curious given the non isolated outputs.

It's a special-purpose kind of thing that I only built one of, and didn't share with anyone else.  The one I built worked fine.  There was no hum from the amp, and no hum in the recorded output.  My recording device in this case is a Creative Zen Nano - just a little MP3 player - but it has a line-in jack and records uncompressed WAV files in stereo at 160KB/second.  The quality was excellent considering the gear.  Might not work as well with other devices...

Here's what the layout looked like: