Payback 2.0 ???

Started by alparent, January 21, 2010, 11:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alparent

Any plans for a Payback 2.0 using the ISD1700 chip?

They go up to 240 sec! Audio input/output Multi-Message......looks like a good chip!

Tone god  :icon_biggrin: You realize your also the Playback god! Your subjects are waiting  ;D

Can't find the ISD1600.....

ppatchmods

When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

The Tone God

Yes I know. Life is getting in the way right now from me completing this. Sorry. :(

The ISD1600B can be found but they have been discontinued in the DIP format. They are only available in the SMD formats. Because of this I have not got many build reports to say its solid. I think the 1600B version is done due to these problems. You can still find some recorder "kits" that have the IC in DIP format that can be plundered.

Andrew

alparent

Would the ISD1700 be a good candidate to replace the 1600?

I'm thinking of redoing it (will my limited knowledge and a lot of questions) around the ISD1700 chip.

Sure don't want to steal your thunder! But being a HUGE ZZ TOP fan this is one of the top effects on my list.

Any insight would be wonderful.

The Tone God

Quote from: alparent on January 22, 2010, 09:00:13 AM
Would the ISD1700 be a good candidate to replace the 1600?

No. v1.1 used a bunch of tricks to make the 1600 do what we wanted but it was a hack job and not really the cleanest approach. The 1700 is a different beast and will require a different approach which is why I refer to the 1700 version as v2.0 instead of v1.2

Andrew

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

aziltz

Hey Tonegod, any word on the street with v2.0?

The Tone God

Quote from: aziltz on August 06, 2010, 09:02:59 AM
Hey Tonegod, any word on the street with v2.0?

Its still going to be a bit. The DIY product is about to be released, I think the announcement is today. Pretty much all my time is right now focused on getting my company's next product out. When thats out and things have settled down I will get back to this.

Maybe a month.

Andrew

aziltz

thanks for that update.  i haven't seen you here in a while so I sent an email as well, you can disregard that.

The Tone God

Quote from: aziltz on August 06, 2010, 03:53:17 PM
thanks for that update.  i haven't seen you here in a while so I sent an email as well, you can disregard that.

Yes I saw that. No prob. I am busy but I am here taking care of my various duties and posting when needed so no worries about me and I haven't forgotten this. :)

Andrew

Rutger

Rutger

Thanks! Guess I missed that topic in my search...

Can't wait, would gladly give it a try!