I got a PIR, they're all passive..but noise factor ?

Started by petemoore, February 18, 2011, 05:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

So this is a PIR board, it has an I/O output so that means some kind of code/chip...what are the inductance/other noise stories on these circuits in terms of audio applications ?
   Kinda cool but not much info for the beginner, such as the current driving capability of the output of this thing [RS PIR], whether it can drive an LED or not...
  So..the little widgetsboard got a WW=7.5vdc into 5v regulator, the output pin I tied to an IRF510 gate, the spread of wires and such indeed triggers the LED's on/off when small movements occur of human-animal origin.
  Thing is what is the noise factor of the little board, is it high and that's the reason I'm not seeing more of these.
  All it takes to light an LED from motion is a regulated PS [3.3vdc-5vdc], I don't know if the Mosfet is actually necessary, 4 hours of fruitless study that led to 10 minutes of experimentation which lit the LED's but I'm scared to expose the 10 dollar widget board to LED current. I know it can take it but it's the principle that...of course we'll wanna hook up an LED to cheaply verify the function...supply the data needed to tell what it takes to do it...that said I probably read over it 8 times and would have caught it the ninth.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.