CD4017B replacement?

Started by KazooMan, March 08, 2011, 06:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KazooMan

Just about to pull the trigger on an order to Smallbear and I need a CD4017B.  They don't stock it.  Any suggestions for a substitute or will I have to make a separate order elsewhere just for this IC??

Thanks for any advice.

Kazooman

PS:  If I had half an idea what the heck I was doing I should know the answer to my own question!

Mark Hammer

anchovie

Substitutes could be MC14017, HEF4017, HCF4017 or 74HC4017 but Smallbear doesn't carry those either.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

maarten

As a decade counter, CD 4026 or 4033 could be used also - if you do not use al the indidvidual steps; also is the pinout different. If you can get by with less steps, there are possibly also other alternatives... So what are you going to use it for?

KazooMan

Sorry, shoulda stated......

I'm going to build one of Madbean's Dig Dug Ooh Wah pedals. 

Thanx

smallbearelec

If ya don't ask, I don't know to stock it. Give me about  a week and they will be posted.

SD

KazooMan

Wow!  That's service!

I'll probably go ahead and order the rest of the stuff so I can get started and pick up the chip wen you get them in stock. 

Thanks for the help!

benl560

haha, for sure not a cd40174b.
i accidentally ordered three of those from mouser and it took awhile for me to figure why i couldn't get power past it. i didnt figure i had 3 bad/fried components.

on another note, the vtl5c3 that is recommended for this pedal is pretty weak. bean suggested that a VTL5C9 is in the original.

i used this:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=OPI110virtualkey54210000virtualkey828-OPI110
it works pretty well. much better than the vtl5c3 anyway

and on another another note, thats pretty cool of you smallbear.

KazooMan

Kudos to Smallbear.  The CD4017 is now available and I just placed my smallest order ever (4 chips).

Thanks!