humble request- MXR flanger

Started by jdub, March 19, 2011, 01:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Fender3D on April 14, 2011, 02:58:09 PM
I said fully CCW, because at the min. clock frequency you have the max delaytime, then a "bassier" flange effect.
BTW This is how I wired the pot to my MN adapted clone.
This min. clock freq. should be ~29KHz/~32KHz @ SAD's pins 3-14 or 8-10.

I don't know about shredaholic layout, but I feel it more natural dealing with the manual control set this way

Thanks for clearing that up for me!  ;)

I think I am going to keep things the way that they are and adjust the clock with the pot fully CW.

Thanks  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Bear

Frakking A! I've been looking for trimming instructions for a while.    :icon_smile:

While we're at it, does anyone have the procedure for setting up the M-118 delay?  (The green box.) 

jdub

I just wanted to thank everyone who has replied to this thread, especially Govmnt_Lackey, whose posts and copious PMs have been a huge help.  Alas, even after numerous hours spent huddled over the magnified board looking for problems, swapping components and even trying the MN3007 retrofit I have been unable to get my build working  :'(   At this point, I'm just gonna re-etch and try again- which unfortunately means a good amount of desoldering  >:(, but whatcha gonna do?  Anyway, thanks for the assistance!

Cheers
jdub
A boy has never wept nor dashed a thousand kim

Govmnt_Lacky

Good luck JDUB.

I hope all works out good for ya!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

ilcaccillo

Quote from: oldschoolanalog on March 25, 2011, 01:02:15 PM
Thanks for the kind words & support guys. :icon_biggrin:
I should be able to locate the chart w/the V's today (nite, at work now), I'll post them tomorrow if somebody doesn't first.
@Brian: There is a project for this at Shredaholic (or something like that). However, I look forward to your layout as you always seem to find a way to fit things into a smaller enclosure.  :icon_cool:
Also, for those SAD1024less folks, a nice MN3007 retrofit was done for this flanger. It's here or maybe "over there". Have a look/see.

Hi Oldschoolanalog,
I know it's an old thread, but I have a M117 original Flanger to calibrate and your docs could be very helpfull.

Any change you can share your charts?

thank you so much