News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Blue Clipper

Started by Andy, October 02, 2003, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Does anyone know where the schematic for this pedal is?  I looked on GEO and it wasn't there anymore through the links page.
Andy

petemoore

Blue Clipper ckts at Runoffgroove...I should have socketted the diodes the first time around
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Gary

The original schem if in schematics on this site.  Look under Dan Armstrong.  Beware, there may be mistakes, specifically on the biasing resistors on the input of the op amp.  The article at www.runoffgroove.com details some of this.  Look for "New Clipper" on RunoffGroove.  It is a good sounding unit.  There is a clip of what the original schematic will sound like, sort of proving the error on the schem.

I've still yet to see what the actual values are on a "vintage" unit.  The New Clipper was just a guess that sounded pretty good.

Andy

That's the NEW CLIPPER, right?  is it essentially the same circuit but with more modern switching and protection?
Andy

B Tremblay

Yes, the New Clipper is based on the Blue Clipper.  However, in Gary's article, he details the apparent errors of the existing internet schematics of the Blue Clipper.  Listen to the sound clip of the Blue Clipper that was built according to those schematics and you'll hear just how wrong!

The New Clipper was an effort to capture the filtering that was unique to the Blue Clipper, but with proper biasing.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

petemoore

The Ross [something or another] the MXR Dist+, the Blue Clipper, the DOD OD 250, and the New Clipper are 'similar'  OA/ clipping diode design...built em all, all are a little differnt.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

I built that one a while ago, it sounds good. I used the layout at runoffgroove, no problems.  8)