News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

EHX Holy Grail

Started by elcid87, April 22, 2011, 05:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elcid87

!st post: A buddy of mine gave me an EHX Holy Grail that he plugged the wrong juice into it (something other than 9VDc/500 mA) before a show (prolly b/c Jack Daniels said it would be OK) and it didnt reverb anymore. Three questions: 1. Does anyone have a schematic for one of these? 2) What typically is damaged when this happens? 3) Which components should be replaced to give me years of trouble free reverb? .....Thank You.

elcid87

Hides-His-Eyes

Passive-aggression isn't going to make anyone help you, man.

I don't have a schematic, no. If he hasn't blown the digital chip, regulators and suicide diodes are the main candidates for failure. You'd need to take voltages on those components with a multimeter. The diode would probably be a big black cylinder and the regulator would be in a standard transistor packaging or possibly one of those bigger ones with a metal heatsink with a hole in it (unlikely).

I'm assuming this isn't the nano version. If it is, you're just going to have to send it off to EHX. I wouldn't know where to start finding the reverse polarity diode or regulators in the SMD version.