wah talk ring funky box

Started by Ansil, October 02, 2003, 03:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansil

http://www.geocities.com/austenfantanio/micpreamp.htm

i can only say this is a weird cmbo of a manual ring modulator, phase notch and talk box.  at least that is what it seems like.

petemoore

I don't exactly follow though.
  Something to do with a mic, a mouth and some OA's...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Ansil

I don't exactly follow though.
Something to do with a mic, a mouth and some OA's...>>>>

k  what you are doing is using your mouth to make sounds either in sync with what you are playing or not.  you can play whatever you want and hum old mc donald had a farm if you wish, but what you are doing is combining two different frequencys,  your mouth and your guitar.  you can do this after distortion on your guitar or before, but what you get is if you hum the same solo you play or the same note selection. depending on what direction the switch is in you will either add or subtract the freq you are making with your mouth in conparason with your guitar.

play a note on your guitar and at the same time have someone play a note on a keyboard, or sing the same note.  

if you are in phase  yo compliment each other by filing out the the note if you were out of phase, you will change the note,  now if you stack two exact guitar tracks, ie a carbon copy of each other but one is out of phase with the other it would cancel each otehr out.  but since this is neither the same instrument nor the same exact pitch, since your voice and your instrument would have different resonances as well as overtones,  you are blending and or subtracting characteristics from each note, leaving something different...

Half Lichen, half Vampire,  stronger than both.......   Underworld   2003

hopefully that will help you...  :)

ansil

Marcos - Munky

Cool, Ansil. Just a question, where is the output of the effect?

Ansil

out of the second opamp from the 1k resistor.

petemoore

Very interesting concept...said the peanut man, from teh gallery,  cool how that works !
  Seems like it could be wild fun
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Ansil

thank you, i have been diggin through some old papers trying to find something interesting to drop on everyone  :)

mattv

Marcos - Munky

Thanks, Ansil. I think I will try this.