someone upped this on "another" forum...worth a look!!!!!

Started by pinkjimiphoton, May 08, 2011, 12:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: R.G. on June 06, 2011, 10:59:07 PM
Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on June 06, 2011, 10:27:20 PM
if it doesn't seem to have any effect, i'm with R.G....screw it, get it out of there. but if it IS  crucial part of it, hey, we'll know, so hold off on etching a board or anything til i can report back. no sense starting to build up a clone, and then do what ludwig did, right? if it's important, i can't imagine adding a couple more components to the board at this stage would be that big a deal. if rg's right, cool...but if he's not, better to catch it now in my opinion.
Oh, sure, do the smart, right thing.  :icon_lol:

Don't worry, I'm not etching yet.

sarcasm...just one more free service...lol

i'm learning!! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

digi2t

Well, it's late now. House is quiet, everyone's asleep. Test drove a Murano today, the girlfriends thrilled with it. But, my mind was elsewhere. Here it is;

My eyes are just buggered from tracing wires, but it's a good tierd. I'm a bit hazy on the lamps, but between you me and the internet, I wouldn't waste any time with that. LED's all the way baby!

R.G., I hope this does what you need my man. For the most part, you were right on. Just a few fixes and addons here and there. This is exactly how mine is wired. If anything is unclear, or yoou need other info, just hollar buddy.

Jimi, MY MAN!!!!! great news. I knew it had to be something stupid. Nuts and bolts buddy, nuts and bolts.

Cheers,
Dino
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Keppy

"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

Keppy

digi2t

Nope, not yet. My rig is completely discombobulated right now from the move. It's more like 9 speaker surround. There's 9 boxes, and there's a bit in every one  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX

pinkjimiphoton

epic work ,my brother!!!  you did it, you cracked the nut that couldn't be cracked!!!

;)

i am WICKED proud to be associated with you guys on this endeavour... this is way too cool!!!

and yes, i have tried the stereo function. it's like on an old eh clone theory, sorta kinda...the phase II effect comes out the primary out put,

the dry, but buffered input signal comes out the stereo jack.

btw...something someone pointed out to me is that chris wood appears to have used one of these on his sax in "low spark of high heeled boys" by traffic.

there's actually a video i've seen of it at one point. neat trivia, that.

but anyways...onward and upward!! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

R.G.

Latest wiring - I think I got it all in there. See:
http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/Ludwig Phase II wiring.pdf
Questions:
Is the Fuzz Switch two different SPDT switches or one DPDT?
Console pin 12 not used at all?

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on June 07, 2011, 01:00:29 PM
the stereo function. it's like on an old eh clone theory, sorta kinda...the phase II effect comes out the primary out put,
the dry, but buffered input signal comes out the stereo jack.
If I read the wiring right, the stereo switch switches the stereo jack between dry and grounded. One direction of that switch would mute the stereo out.

Quotesomeone pointed out to me is that chris wood appears to have used one of these on his sax in "low spark of high heeled boys" by traffic.
OK, now I gotta go listen to it again. That's one of my favorite songs of all time.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

pinkjimiphoton

yes, the stereo jack is dry, but when off passes no signal.

gonna look at the pdf...sure it's better.

the fuzz switch is indeed one dpdt bro.

listen loud.
;)

if you can find the youtube of it, where winwood is playing the green gibson firebird (maybe not on that song) i think you'll see it.
;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

wavley

That is my favorite Traffic record! I didn't realize that was a Ludwig, now I REALLY have to build this thing.  I'm pretty excited about this thing.  I have to go to charm city for the International Microwave Symposium for work and then the nap town art show with my wife, then I have some recording to do and a gig to play so it's gonna be a few weeks before I can do anything about it.  As soon as I get a chance to build this thing, I'm all over it.  I'm trying to figure out what kind of enclosure I'm going with, I actually really do love the original, but it's just so big and not conducive to putting in my semi-flight case pedal board.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

pinkjimiphoton

after watching the video, i'm not so sure...my friend probably never actually saw the ludwig and thought that was it. beats me!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

digi2t

Quote from: R.G. on June 07, 2011, 01:22:40 PM
Console pin 12 not used at all?

Nope. It's actually trace bridged to 11, but they soldered directly to the pot, instead of using another of those stupid connectors (employee of the month award there).

The rest, as per Jimi's confirmation.

Wiring drawing looks dead on. I'll do a final confirmation later tonight. A copy is gonna get put inside my unit for sure!!!

Likewise Jimi  :icon_wink:

Damn... I muffed the qoute dodad!

• SUPPORTER
Dead End FX

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

R.G.

Keppy volunteered to try out the first one. He has the files now.

I'm having a hard time locating any switch that will do that either or both thing. I may have to design some electronic replacement.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Keppy

Quote from: R.G. on June 07, 2011, 05:35:01 PM
I'm having a hard time locating any switch that will do that either or both thing. I may have to design some electronic replacement.

Looks similar to a guitar pickup switch to me. Otherwise it could be split into a couple SPSTs couldn't it?

Keppy

J
Quote from: Keppy on June 07, 2011, 05:47:54 PM
Looks similar to a guitar pickup switch to me.

Just went and looked, and it appears a standard 3-way pickup switch will do the job. The two center leads that are normally joined together for guitar output will just have to be bent apart.

R.G.

Quote from: Keppy on June 07, 2011, 05:55:22 PM
Just went and looked, and it appears a standard 3-way pickup switch will do the job. The two center leads that are normally joined together for guitar output will just have to be bent apart.
Yeah, a guitar pickup switch would do it, but it may have issues inside a pedal box. I think this would fit in one of the larger thin hammonds. I was trying to find a set of switches which would do the job but could all be had in the same cosmetic style. But that may not be possible.

Actually, I think the idea is to leave them so they both make contact in the middle.
R.G.

Hides-His-Eyes

two mini toggles, tape the paddles together.

Rock n roll!

Keppy

Quote from: R.G. on June 07, 2011, 06:28:04 PM
Actually, I think the idea is to leave them so they both make contact in the middle.

They'll both make contact, but need separate outputs, right? I was referring to bending the solder points, not the contact points in the switch itself. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding the diagram. Center position links 24 & 25, 26 & 23, but NOT 25 & 26.

But, since I'm probably using mini toggles for all the other switches, I'll probably just go with 2xSPST. Although, now that I think about it, that allows one to select "neither," which was not an option on the original unit. Hmmm...