what does this schematic symbol mean?

Started by FWALS, May 23, 2011, 05:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWALS

I'd like to build this, but I'm not sure what the  arrow with 'Vb' above it means.
Any help would be appreciated. Here's a link to the schematic

http://www.experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Fuzz%20and%20Fuzzy%20Noisemakers/Analog%20Bit%20Crusher.gif

cloudscapes

it's a voltage reference. in this case half of the power supply generated by the two resistors and capacitor on the left. just connect all 5 Vb points together and you're good to go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

ayayay!

Wow!  I don't think I've seen a pedal with so few grounds...  :icon_eek: That alone begs it to be built.  Should be really easy!  What the heck is this anyway?  Something synth-y?
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: ayayay! on May 24, 2011, 10:09:21 AM
Wow!  I don't think I've seen a pedal with so few grounds...  :icon_eek: That alone begs it to be built.  Should be really easy!  What the heck is this anyway?  Something synth-y?
It's a sample rate reducer.  Kind of sounds like a ring mod.  I built one but was largely unimpressed.
Try a little tenderness.

ayayay!

I'm a derp.  I don't know what a sample rate reducer is unless it's one of those online mortgage calculators. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Gurner

Wow!  I don't think I've seen a pedal with so few grounds... 

They're there in spades... albeit virtual ones!

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: ayayay! on May 24, 2011, 02:25:15 PM
I'm a derp.  I don't know what a sample rate reducer is unless it's one of those online mortgage calculators. 

Sounds like this:

Try a little tenderness.

ayayay!

QuoteThey're there in spades... albeit virtual ones!

Oh yeah I know, I just mean the literal components to earth.  Don't see that too often in pedals. 

EATyourGuitar

also fair to say that it can be called a sample&hold that goes up to audio rates. hence, therefor, hereto ::strokes beard:: why its a analog sample rate reducer and not the traditional analog>digital>analog converter with variable clock frequency.

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

FWALS

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on May 24, 2011, 01:03:28 PM
It's a sample rate reducer.  Kind of sounds like a ring mod.  I built one but was largely unimpressed.

Hey what part did you use for the op amps?

MikeH

Quote from: ayayay! on May 24, 2011, 03:34:06 PM
QuoteThey're there in spades... albeit virtual ones!

Oh yeah I know, I just mean the literal components to earth.  Don't see that too often in pedals. 

They dont show it on the schematic, but you'll obviously need to ground the opamps.  It's really not that different than other designs of similar complexity.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: FWALS on July 24, 2011, 09:27:05 PM
Quote from: tiges_ tendres on May 24, 2011, 01:03:28 PM

Hey what part did you use for the op amps?

2 4558's  Any dual will do.
Try a little tenderness.