EM3207 (v1.1) - MN3207 based EHX Electric Mistress (9V) clone

Started by Thomeeque, June 03, 2011, 09:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_deadmaxxx

how much exactly? just let me deal with the dollar-conversion..
what's the currency?

anyways, will you post your sound samples here after your EM3207 is working?

sugonidamaso

It's 26 pesos here in the Philippines. ERRATUM: So SLOPPY of me!So sorry!I interchanged the 1M pot the 10k pot! :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: Flanging's fine now,but the 10k pot-color still squeals @ Max.
" The greatest inspiration is often born out of desperation--so be DESPERATE! "

mr_deadmaxxx

did you also apply the SPDT switch, the same as the one in the picture of Mr. T?

sugonidamaso

No Sir. I definitely checked on that.Well considering the facts, I was wrong. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_redface: The 10k pot--- adjusted the RT1 and that's it. Thank so much for the help! :icon_redface: Mr. Deadmaxxx and Govmnt_Lacky thanks! will consider the 3007 still. I have 3007 lying around but no 15v zener though. Correct me if I'm wrong but in my understanding the R10&R11 should be interchanged?In the 3007 of course.

mr_deadmaxxx

is it working now?
how does it sound?
is it worth building?

sugonidamaso

yes it's worth building. but i have to try 3007 and some mods recommended by Thomas. ;D

njkmonty

what are the explainable sound differences do you think with this build and the moosapotomus mn3007 ada flanger ?
or is it too difficult to verbalize on virtual paper?
:icon_confused:

sugonidamaso

i can tell you that the ada flanger is more of a jet than 3207. but 3207 is much easier for me to acquire than ada. :icon_mrgreen: SAD chip is not available here in my area.

njkmonty

i  couldnt get hands on sad1024 one either, but like a few on here built this  

http://www.moosapotamus.net/IDEAS/ADAflanger/ADA_MN3007/ADA%20Flanger%20Clone%20Build%20Instructions%20PCB%20rev5%20MN3007%20Jan2010.pdf

http://moosapotamus.net/IDEAS/ADAflanger/ADAflanger.html

i think hes still got some pcbs , great quality

i finally got mine to work and very happy, to me sounds just like the demos of youtube.

sugonidamaso

Thanks njkmonty!Unfortunately, it is too big in my board. I'm 1590b casing kinda guy- :icon_redface: majority of my pedals are. ;) Furthermore, yes! I did saw your video way back! Cool! Wish it was built like a boss casing BF kinda. I built the BIG PCB mistress last year. It was just laying around and I couldn't get in to my boards! But considering the facts, will consider in the future to built this ADA ;)

oldschoolanalog

The A/DA is well worth the pedalboard real estate it takes up.  :icon_cool:
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

sugonidamaso

Yess indeed sir. Will consider of course. Thanks! How about the new flanger-AF2 ;)

njkmonty

sugonidamaso

judgemingus

It looks like a 1590B to me, but that is still a great effort!

tiago razera

Hi all.

Just completed this build. To me, it sounds great. It does all the Gilmour The Wall stuff (that's what got me interested), and some jet flanging.

The layout is perfect, worked on the first go.

Thanks Thomeeque for the great work. It's very compact. Indeed I recomend double-checking every step as you do, since the board is so populated it's difficult to insert/remove components later.

Since i've built this with components already on hands, I had to do some modifications. One of them is substitute the two series 33uF LFO caps for one 47uF and one 22uF. Don't know if it makes any difference on the shape of the waveform or other aspect, but works well.

Later I will post pictures and some sound samples.

Tiago

mr_deadmaxxx

"the" jet flanging? really?
i thought this pedal can't do that.

Thomeeque

Quote from: tiago razera on September 21, 2011, 03:44:29 PM
Hi all. Just completed this build..

Hey Tiago, great, congratulations! :)

I'm glad you like it and I'm looking forward to see/hear your photos and sound samples*!

Quote from: tiago razera on September 21, 2011, 03:44:29 PM
..substitute the two series 33uF LFO caps for one 47uF and one 22uF..

I know that this anti-serial combination of equal electrolytics makes cheap non-polarised capacitor (with 1/2 capacity) and instinct tells me, that these two capacitors should be as equal as possible for the best results, but I don't know much about internal "physics" either. If you like the result then it's OK probably, you may just check yet if it did not lead to bigger reverse voltage stress for those capacitors (measure DC at each with slowest RATE set).

Cheers, T.

*If it would not make you too much trouble, please list all mods you have done (at least those which could affect sound somehow) together with sound samples.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!