Your current projects?

Started by DonB, June 05, 2011, 06:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonB

Interested to see what everyone is working on at the moment.

I have 2 pedals im working on...Both on vero board.

TS808 (waiting on some resistors and caps)
Loop pedal with tails (have most parts)

G. Hoffman

In various stages and levels of temporary shelving - a new tube amp of my own design (mostly), several pedals (a fuzz face, a tap trem, a sequence trem, and an Octavia), a MIDI switching system, and an infrared door sensor to let us know when customers come into the shop when the door is open.

Though at the moment, I'm mostly just working on the amp.

Gabriel

mikespi8

Someone brought me a Cry Baby 535Q. I said I don't do those. The guy said please put an LED in it, that's all.

That's all? First looks like I would have to get it to True Bypass with a 3PDT. Looks like this may be a DPDT with 4 wires going in...not sure.

And then I would have to find a positive and ground signal for the the led...somewhere. Or, I learned to do one LED on a wah by hot wiring it in. Had to use a hot wire from batterry to a 4.7K resistor, to a 10uf grounded capacitor, to a 330ohm resistor, to LED. No Pops! 

I have a couple of pictures, not sure how to post them here. These pictures are rare. Try and find a pic of the inside of a 535Q on line! I have found no one who actually has details on how to add an led to the 535Q.

Feel free to ...help?

mikespi8@att.net

Perrow

Superfly, Tiny Trem, Lpb-1, Trotsky Drive, Ruby, Lab power supply, Noise Ensemble, Orange Squeezer.

I think that's all of 'em :)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

rockhorst

Too much! Waiting for enclosures. In the mean time, I've got boards populated for:

MXR Dist plus
2 voltage doublers
2 Dirty Little Secrets
Rebote 2.5
And three soon to be populated mini boosters.

Suddenly, everybody in my vicinity wants me to build them a mini booster :icon_rolleyes:. I'll comply for now...see if I can somehow add a personal touch to the design. Gonna have both a switch and wiring day soon.

As you might tell from the list above, after years of lurking about a bit, the pedal craze has finally taken off. Building all the usual suspects at the moment (getting faster and better at is), and then I'm gonna do some serious breadboarding to see if I can somehow give back a little.
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

Earthscum

I am finishing up a requested Zendrive (I did fets and RC4558), "Uber" Rat, and either modding my FX 91, or just selling it and building a Bass voiced Zen with clean blend.

And, I open my box of stuff I gotta get boxes for and finish (we just moved). I have Op-Comp, Orange Squeezer, Sewer Pipes, Tasteless Broadcaster, BazzFuzz/Fuzzrite mash.

And what I'm ACTUALLY going to work on after this Zendrive is probably a couple Jfet overdrives I designed, one which may end up next to the Zen on Chalo's pedalboard, and one that I designed for bass will get added to my collection... then I gots a pedalboard to make for myself, lol. I have 2 wahs, NQ, BF, BMP, DS-1, FX 91, KMD Phaser, and a Little Angel that I play with... a board would be nice to have instead of my snake of FX strewn across the floor.

Oh yeah, that all AND still trying to unpack, lol.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

merlinb

Currently designing an analogue sub-octave effect and a PT2399 reverb...

amptramp

I have almost completed a clipper-type distortion that uses simulated diodes with variable forward voltage and resistance.

Morocotopo

Today I´m reboxing a Sansamp GT2 into a Hammond box. Has sliding switches and all. A pain to drill the square holes for those.
Just finished a Muff with mods, still testing its sounds. Woofy! A great thing I did was put two switchable caps in parallell with the last transistor´s, ehh, R from 9V. Great to reduce high end fizz. With an on-off-on I get three high end flavors: cap1, no cap, cap2.
Gonna etch PCB´s for the Chopped Boss OC2 (of my own design, to fit the smaller Hammond boxes, the MXR size), and a Phase 90.
Before I finished a Rangemaster (nice vintagey tones. Hissy.) and a Green Ringer.
Morocotopo

boogietone

An oxymoron - clean transistor boost.

newfish

Quote from: boogietone on June 05, 2011, 02:54:08 PM
Organizing and inventory.

A neccessary evil - although it makes sense when you *can* find your last 10K resistor!

Breadboard contains a Rangemaster, and some sort of 741-based Overdrive.

Currently working on a friend's Carlsbro TC60 Valve combo.  Fine on the clean channel, the Gain channel could strip paint.  Waaaay to much treble - am re-working the tone stack.  Currently waiting for 1000v-rated caps to arrive from Musicding (Germany).

Parts for 'Valvecaster' have arrived.  This will be my next 'complete' build.

Should re-organise my pedalboard, as the last few complete builds are way better than what's currently on there.

Cheers!
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

DonB

WOW...
So great things going on around here.

Im only build number 2-3 pedals. One day i hope to be able to design some stuff also. Like a dual tube version of something similar to the Dr Boogie.

cloudscapes

still working on the firmware for my tremolo. hardware-wise it's pretty much done./ firmware too, for that matter, but I need to get people to test it so I can debug/add to it.

other than that, I have a fractal-based sequencer/synth on the bench, a ringmod, a relay and a noise generator.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

petemoore

The dbfYesterday, I recieved the 2nd DeArmond Gold Foil for my Gretsch Electromatic Semi-Hollow guitar. 1 old pickup had a mounting plate removed, gorilla glue is a wonderful thing. Much improved set of tone circumstances compared to the lower noise PAF I had in there, which goes back in the LP and...the pickup-shuffle is totally over with [again..lol].
  Yesterday a choke and an Alpha 10'' Emi. got ordered, now I think I order stuff just so I can get free shipping...I'll probably feel differently when these items arrive. I also ordered 2x6'' 'Aura' neodynim speakers, I'll be the first to write a review I think, the specs [in-line with guitar frequency use, high Db, mention of nice bass response], magnet structure and price got me again.
  The choke is for the 2w PP amp that was recently brought into existance and has been recieving continued efforts: the seriesed gain stages were reconfigured to be parallel.
  Bringing up the gain with a Jfet stage and feeding that to the twin triode gain stage tested better, an install of Jfet, + a recently built 120:12Vac>FWR>LM317>filtered = adjustable LV-DC output install] should be the final inside work unless additional frequency shaping is deemed necessary, this too would probably require and active and be @ LV supply device.
The B+ power supply was beefed up, the battery-grid-supply was replaced with a completed grid supply build, a SWTC was also installed. It's considered as 'deluxe'...all that for 2 watts [worth it for the big-sound-small-volume thing. It is performing quite well, as expected, can't wait to try the choke out.
  I was just Rosewood-staining an oak 'star veneer' table top for the 10'' cabinet's baffle board which may house the new Alpha 10'' speaker I should have on hand later this week, or the O'l Blue Fender, or the Emi-Legend.
  The baffle is 3/4'', the sides are going to be 2x4''s that never touch each other, eliminating the need for precision joinery for cabinet making the same way I did for a solid body guitar...space the pieces slightly and hardwood dowel until the corner or span strength requirements are satisfied, using straight and angled dowel installations...easier than buying a joiner or having an embedded workpiece glue joint fail.   

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Brymus

Converting my Valve Jr from its JTM45 circuit into a 59 SLP circuit.
Restoring a 54 fender deluxe
On my breadboard/s I have a RM,FF,BMP,KrankenstienFet,4049 distortion
I just finished a signal generator
and am still modding my Boss FW3
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

defaced

Hey Berry, what signal generator project did you do?  I've got a need for one, and was thinking about building up Merlin's mini signal gen, but wouldn't mind seeing what you're working on.
-Mike

superferrite

Turning the skeleton of a Sixties Sony reel-to-reel into a pedalboard/case and finishing up my board for a new band.
Gotta fix my colorsound tremolo build with reverse-taper pots and add a boost at the end for the board and then decide the order of effects.

My buddy wants me to build him a modded ROG New Clipper like mine, and the parts just came for that.  It's got 1M resistors on the voltage divider and one LED in the clipping section, so it is like a Marshall-in-the-rough.

Great projects, guys!   I'm such a hack!
Psychedelic Garage Metal

iccaros

I have four things going on.. no five... :)

I am building in to pedals my Sky hunter clean boost plus over drive
one using 12AX7 and 6AU6 running at 12volts
The other using 6111 and 5890 Sub minitubes.. running 12volts

I am awaiting parts for my rebot 2.5, I am putting two in series so I can pre-set two different delays or combine them together.

I am building a AX84 High Octain with Sub Mini tubes ( (2) 61112 and (1) 5902)

And I am building a  Squirrel Monkey Guitar amp using a SMPS

And I am working on my 24volt amp changing to a Push Pull configuration. I got some 6110 full wave tube rectifiers so I want to see if I can get sag, I have some 12AL8's to play with for this.  after that is done I want to try a 26A7GT PP power section.

Unkn0wn Art1st

Have to make a little 1x8 cab, but can't decide on design. All that thiele-small stuff is driving me crazy  >:(

jubal81

Quote from: iccaros on June 05, 2011, 06:46:04 PM
I have four things going on.. no five... :)

I am building in to pedals my Sky hunter clean boost plus over drive
one using 12AX7 and 6AU6 running at 12volts
The other using 6111 and 5890 Sub minitubes.. running 12volts

I am awaiting parts for my rebot 2.5, I am putting two in series so I can pre-set two different delays or combine them together.

I am building a AX84 High Octain with Sub Mini tubes ( (2) 61112 and (1) 5902)

And I am building a  Squirrel Monkey Guitar amp using a SMPS

And I am working on my 24volt amp changing to a Push Pull configuration. I got some 6110 full wave tube rectifiers so I want to see if I can get sag, I have some 12AL8's to play with for this.  after that is done I want to try a 26A7GT PP power section.

Hey Iccaros, have any advice for a project with two 2-wattish tube amps in one enclosure? I'm interested in getting a practice stereo rig up and running. Any chance of running them from one power transformer?

To keep with the thread topic, I'm planning an all-in-one modular analog pedalboard and I've got a Klone clone and Orange Squeezer on the bench waiting to go in.