Your current projects?

Started by DonB, June 05, 2011, 06:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Have to make a little 1x8 cab, but can't decide on design. All that thiele-small stuff is driving me crazy.
  Perhaps you have a different set of design priorities, calling it a large, solid, sealed enclosure extends bass response and is simple.
  I'm interested in getting a practice stereo rig up and running. Any chance of running them from one power transformer?
  I have a Stereo RTR amp which uses 1 PT, and have had other St. HiFi amps which had 1 PT, some schematics of such amps are probably worth having a look at, at least the power supply.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

phector2004

Currently working on:

1. Ge BMP with tone wicker (replacing cooked Shaka Express on perfboard)

Pedals Awaiting Enclosure:

2. "Uproar" - Suhr Riot Clone
3. "Uproar" - Suhr Riot Clone (For my friend)

4. Chopped OC-2
5. Octane III
6. Bad Stone

Preamps/Amps Awaiting Enclosure:

7. Dr Boogie --> Tiny Giant
8. 24V TMB preamp (adapted from popular amp) --> Hi-Fi Chipamp kit with submini tube preamp (This one keeps getting bumped down on the list!)

Other:

9. Acoustic Preamp/Buffer (With feedback cancellation! See "unacoustifying" thread)

Stuff I'm too broke to work on:

10. 18Watt
11. Rat
12. G2

Apparently, Canada Post is on strike, so I might only be done by late summer/early fall  :(

iccaros

Quote from: jubal81 on June 05, 2011, 09:29:14 PM
Quote from: iccaros on June 05, 2011, 06:46:04 PM
I have four things going on.. no five... :)

I am building in to pedals my Sky hunter clean boost plus over drive
one using 12AX7 and 6AU6 running at 12volts
The other using 6111 and 5890 Sub minitubes.. running 12volts

I am awaiting parts for my rebot 2.5, I am putting two in series so I can pre-set two different delays or combine them together.

I am building a AX84 High Octain with Sub Mini tubes ( (2) 61112 and (1) 5902)

And I am building a  Squirrel Monkey Guitar amp using a SMPS

And I am working on my 24volt amp changing to a Push Pull configuration. I got
some 6110 full wave tube rectifiers so I want to see if I can get sag, I have some 12AL8's to play with for this.  after that is done I want to try a 26A7GT PP power section.

Hey Iccaros, have any advice for a project with two 2-wattish tube amps in one enclosure? I'm interested in getting a practice stereo rig up and running. Any chance of running them from one power transformer?

To keep with the thread topic, I'm planning an all-in-one modular analog pedalboard and I've got a Klone clone and Orange Squeezer on the bench waiting to go in.

Same power supply should not be an issue, but what types of tubes are you thinking?   I am guessing that you want to use a sterio effect to push this so do you want tone from  the pre amps or just clean?

you should start  a thread..

Petemoore has some good advice...

jubal81

I guess I should start a thread. My No 1 is a Ric 620 and I love making use of the stereo jack.
I'm open to any tubes/suggestions. I guess I'd prefer 12au or 12ax for easy replacement, but I'm open to subminis. Another thought is an extra preamp stage since I leave a clean boost on all the time and my favorite amps are Dr. Z, if that gives some extra info on what tone I'm going for.

boogietube

I'm working on 2 Gyraf Audio G7 Microphones:
http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/gyraf_diy.html

And I'm working on a Neumann U47 type clone Here:
http://www.tab-funkenwerk.com/id63.html

I'm also working on the Neutron and a Bartolini Bass Preamp. (waiting for parts)

Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

Keppy

Debugging a CE-2 built for a friend (have audio but no chorus, oscillator problem I think)
Debugging a CX-3 Leslie sim (still no highs...)
OTA-based volume pedal/boost I'm designing (the Louderer)
A freaky Frankenstein pedal I'm designing for my wife that I'm calling the Ring Dominator
Recording soundclips/demo videos
Cleaning my workspace

I've also ordered parts for a large number of distortion circuits which I'm going to breadboard and audition for inclusion in my multi-distortion project, the Overkill.
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

Keppy

aquaboy1993

Several versions of Mr.EQ feeding into a switchable MOSFET boost or minibooster.
A couple miniboosters sized for a 1590A.
A custom patch system with relays and CMOS switching.
Custom switching system for my guitarist's dream rig 2x London 65 stereo with a Divided by 13 for the dirt.
One or two onboard bass preamps.
A 2-channel tube Blackfinger clone.

Non-music related.....
6 channel LED dimmer ready to be expanded to 24.
CNC machine so I don't have to etch and I can create while I'm sleeping or at work.

Gotta love inexpensive breadboards...

Mark

G. Hoffman

Quote from: aquaboy1993 on June 06, 2011, 01:47:00 PM
CNC machine so I don't have to etch and I can create while I'm sleeping or at work.

I would not expect that to end up being the case.  You really want to watch those things, most of the time.  You never know when something might go wrong, and CNC machines are perfectly capable of totaling themselves.

Gabriel

p_wats

I've got a bunch of stuff on the go.

Pedals:

OC-2 Octave (from musicpcb.com)
Gristleizer (from musicpcb.com)

Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive vero

Modding a DS-1 for a friend

Amps:

Ampeg Rocket clone

Other:

Fixing a set of bass footpedals

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: merlinb on June 05, 2011, 09:53:48 AM
Currently designing an analogue sub-octave effect and a PT2399 reverb...

Or three ;)

ayayay!

I just built 2 compressors from the other forum.  One last weekend, and one this weekend, both of which I've not really seen before.  Pretty neat circuits.  I'm really liking one of them.  The other is novel, but not as practical as I had hoped.  And after all that, I still want to build an Ibanez CP10 (TB, no buffers,) which is basically a Dyna Comp style but uses a BA6110.  Pretty cool too. 

Then I'll debug some Orange Squeezer hum tonight (hopefully, after mowing the lawn) and get that quieted down.  I've also got a CS-3 waiting for a new 2181 that I have, and need to probe/trace/measure it and hopefully resurrect it. 

...Hmm, I think I need to lay off the compressors...
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Keppy

Quote from: ayayay! on June 06, 2011, 05:48:52 PM

I hear you! I've only been doing this a few months, and I've already modded two Dynacomps, built a Dyna/Ross/Janglebox clone, and ordered parts for an Orange Squeezer. I love the Dyna/Ross sound, but I'm looking for something that won't distort when I play Miserlou. Can you PM me the forbidden links? I'd like to see those circuits!

Kill Switch

Professor tweed and brassmaster. I wonder if they will play nice together.

Govmnt_Lacky

Only 3 on the table right now! Easy times  :icon_eek:

A FET matcher circuit

An FV-1 multi-effects project

An Ibanez FL9 Flanger.

I have been on a modulation kick lately. After a while you just get bored with the fuzz/OD/distortion hunt.  :icon_rolleyes:
Recently built a 1590A Rat and I think I will use that for the mean time..... at least until I tire of it and begin the search again!  :icon_eek:  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Tony Forestiere

I know this is not a pedal, but it is a project.

'63 Beetle. My rebel son and I are bonding.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

waltk

QuoteI know this is not a pedal, but it is a project.

I'll bet it's got 2 or 3 pedals in it.

ayayay!

Quote from: Keppy on June 06, 2011, 06:04:54 PM
Quote from: ayayay! on June 06, 2011, 05:48:52 PM

I hear you! I've only been doing this a few months, and I've already modded two Dynacomps, built a Dyna/Ross/Janglebox clone, and ordered parts for an Orange Squeezer. I love the Dyna/Ross sound, but I'm looking for something that won't distort when I play Miserlou. Can you PM me the forbidden links? I'd like to see those circuits!
PM'd
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

boogietone

Quote from: Tony Forestiere on June 06, 2011, 10:19:03 PM
I know this is not a pedal, but it is a project.
'63 Beetle. My rebel son and I are bonding.

Would that be bonding or Bondo?  ;D
An oxymoron - clean transistor boost.

Seven64

just moved, so unpacking and organizing.

just bought a 60 drawer storage cabinet so hopefully i can start to get organized!

currently waiting on parts for the Griffin MT-2 Metal Zone Death Metal Mod kit to get here, its the only mod I have found that I like for the metal zone, so i am curious to see what all he has done to it.

then i have to order enclosures and pots for the following:
Magnus Modulus
Noise Ensemble x 2
SRV Tubescreamer x 2
Zombie Chorus
Phase 90
Ross Compressor

Have to finish populating:
Phase 90
Ross Compressor
SRV Tubescreamer
Slow Gear x 2

Have the following bare PCB's:
Cornish G2
Octavia
Orange Squeezer

Then I am going to try to start etching pcb's so i can eventually get to building the Boss Dimension C Chorus pedal.