Your current projects?

Started by DonB, June 05, 2011, 06:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaycee

Tremulus Lune built on perf to box up. Still messing with a parked wah (Wilsic Wah) into a switchable fuzz. Working on an inductor parked wah with LFO (lune) probably into a switchable fuzz too. Probably going to have a go at the old Maestro Filter Sample Hold on vero from Harold Sabro's site.

Keppy

^ We're gonna need a video of that.
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

nomorebetts

Too many projects in the 'to build' list to name but things currently in progress are;

An Orange Squeezer waiting to be boxed up
  A Rat with the usual selectable clippers mod requiring offboard wiring and boxing
  And I'm learning Diptrace by working on a layout for the Sansamp GT2 with onboard rotary switches and pots.
I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

.Mike

I gave up on my tap tempo phaser for now because it grew very complex, and I wasn't getting the results I wanted.

So now I'm doing my take on the Four Banger booster. I'm only using three boosters--  a germanium, a Crackle Not Okay, and an AMZ Mini-booster. I'm also adding a bass/treble tonestack based on the AC/RC Boosters, but with the values from the similar Colorsound Overdriver tonestack. It will also have a master volume control, and an output buffer. I plan on running the tonestack/buffer at +/-9v so it will hopefully have enough headroom to (mostly) handle the cascading boosters. Oh yeah, and this is going into a 1590BB enclosure. It should be a pretty comfortable fit, actually.

I started etching the enclosure this past weekend, but was delightfully interrupted by one of the exciting surprises that seem to accompany owning an old home. Thankfully it was sewage-related and required immediate action. I don't know what I did to be rewarded with such a treat like that! :icon_lol:

Anyway, I finished etching the enclosure tonight. It is by far my best etch yet (yay!). I can't wait to show it off.

The PCB layouts are pretty much done. 3 boards-- just some tweaking left to do.

I am hoping to have time to finish it the next few weeks. :)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

Perrow

Finally found why my Superfly wasn't getting the voltage it should, tried a lot of things before changing the 555  :icon_rolleyes: Then I found out that my regulated power supply (diy) was lacking in tranformer performance, so today I've bought a new one. 2x12V 1500mA, should do the job better than the salvaged one it currently uses.

After that I've got a "Workbench Workhorse" (production name, may change);

Signal generator or guitar in -> booster (LPB-1) -> effect on workbench -> distortion (Trotsky) -> cab sim (Condor) -> amp (TEA2025, bridged, ~5W@8Ohm)

The booster, effect and distortion will be bypassable (maybe even the cab sim). I've got a nice little metal box that will house everything, even power supply.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Paul Marossy

m@ster k@frer

Just finished a TS-808 and
now I am working on:

*A TS-808 clone for a friend
*Two autokillswitch pedals for friends (just an idea, that I am still working on how to bring to life. Waiting for the parts to breadboard it)
*A MOSFET buffer for my PB and
*finally this little bastard -> http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=78302.0  has blown my mind away... DAMN As if I didn't have enough work to be done :P

Magnus

Hello together,
I am working on the following ones:

- AMZ Mosfet Booster (PCB finished)
- PentaBoost MkII (PCB finished)
- authentic mojo Fuzz Face, my third Fuzz Face (PCB finished)
- Tone Bender MKIII (PCB and enclosure finished)

...and later I will continue with this ones:

- JCM800 Emulation (PCB finished)
- Joe Davisson's Obsidian-T (PCB finished)
- Dan Armstrong's Orange Squeezer (PCB finished)
- Colorsound Tone Bender Reissue - (PCB finished)
- Professor Tweed

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

Perrow

Quote from: m@ster k@frer on August 18, 2011, 05:07:53 PM
*finally this little bastard -> http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=78302.0  has blown my mind away... DAMN As if I didn't have enough work to be done :P

Played mine last night, need to experiment with the tubes I have to see what combination I should go with, for maximum volume and "sound". Then there's boxing it up :)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

m@ster k@frer

Quote from: Perrow on August 19, 2011, 08:33:56 AM
Quote from: m@ster k@frer on August 18, 2011, 05:07:53 PM

Played mine last night, need to experiment with the tubes I have to see what combination I should go with, for maximum volume and "sound". Then there's boxing it up :)
First of all add a Dr boogie to my open projects as a friend heard the one on my pedalboard and wanted one alike...:P

SO PLEASE..don't talk to me about this mini amp... I want to build one but too many projects, too little time and no parts locally :@ so I'll have to wait...Hopefully till the end of the year..we'll see

adielricci

Thomeeque

Quote from: adielricci on August 23, 2011, 11:43:42 PM
Still working on the octaver project...

http://www.4shared.com/photo/PQw5deY1/Shelob_v1f.html

Is it your project? How far have you got so far? Can you already say, how well tracked -1 OCT and +1 OCT (!) signals are?

Cheers, T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

floboe

Have an almost finished Echo Base build. Still needs a bit of work, have to replace the pots to 16mm ones so they will fit in a 1590BB enclosure.
Hopefully, I will get that done tomorrow, as well as drilling the enclosure.

Have a faulty One Chip Chorus that is in dire need of some debugging. Probably a weekend project.

Have bought parts for the following pedals, dr. boogey, ampeg scrambler (from tonepad) and a rat (also from tonepad).
I should have PCB's ready for those builds early next week, so hopefully I will have time to start on one of them by next weekend.

Last but not least, I am working on a true bypass strip concept that will be based on relays controlled by a uC that is reading momentary switches. Also considering adding a by-passable unity gain buffer on each send/return stage to avoid any impedance mis-matching.

Too many projects, and too little time to spare.

esdiezy28

currently re-building my Valvecaster. The Charge pump voltage multiplier (using a TC1044 chip) stopped working (had 3 stages multiplied giving 46-48V on the Plate heaters). I have a constant longing to dissect anything I have already built that works, and to find ways to improve (or often, mess up) a circuit, but it's all a great learning experience.

Have the parts sitting around for an Orange Squeezer. I'm interested in replacing the OP-AMP gain stage with a Tube gain stage, but I've yet to settle on a starting schematic to begin my testing.  I'm highly interested in some form of Tube Compressor, and continue to conduct my research  :icon_twisted:

Also have a 12AL8 amp in the works, with a 12AU7 Valvecaster like Preamp, lost my equations sheets (had all my math on it), so I need to recalculate, and I still need to order a Audio Output Tranny for it.

Busy times ahead for us all  :P
Ruby Amp, Noisy Cricket, NPN Boost, modded Mockman 1.0, Bazz Fuss, J201 Fetzer Valve, Valvecaster, modded Valvecaster

Resistance is futile!

blue_lu

Dual Bo Hansen DI - Just ordered some nice caps and metal film resistors, as I want to use to track my rhodes and synths

Unkn0wn Art1st

Rebuilding my BSIAB now. First stage was modified to get more even harmonics, then some clipping diodes with lots of tweaking possibilities like blending between Ge and Si etc, and a regular muamp stage for symmetrical clipping, similar to overdriven push-pull power amp. I'm not quite sure I'm doing it right, but it sounds tremendous :P
It seems I need two gain pots, three saturation pots and one switch for diodes, oh and common volume and tone pots. Omg, I created a monster :icon_biggrin:

cloudscapes

time for a thread bump?  :icon_mrgreen:

been working on a refresh of my old 2399-based vibrato. added a wet/dry for chorusing, and added a vinyl crackle/noise synth which can be blended-in! noise, crackle, or a bit of both. as well as being overall more refined. near-complete recode of the microcontroller. just like the older simpler one, much emphasis is put into slower deeper warbles! that meant pushing the 2399 to it's limit, meaning extra dark filtering. I don't hate dark at all, though! just finished the PCB layout and sent it off to batchpcb. may take a number of weeks, though.

I'll try and get clips up later tonight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Dumpster Diver

Looks like something I would want!  :icon_biggrin:

Whats wrong with it, Its broken, its broken!!!

cloudscapes

I'm working on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMQ8IRSZkU

Layout isn't final. I'm not too hot on the idea of this being a stompbox. Feels more like a tabletop unit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

a soBer Newt

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 22, 2012, 05:19:49 PM
I'm working on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMQ8IRSZkU

Layout isn't final. I'm not too hot on the idea of this being a stompbox. Feels more like a tabletop unit.

This thing looks extremely cool!