What's Your Favorite J-Fet Overdrive??

Started by RDV, October 03, 2003, 12:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

I just ordered a bunch of J201's and I'm gonna try a few different ODs. I'd like to hear from those of you who've built a variety which ones you liked best and why.

Thanks in advance

RDV

EdJ

I really like the ShakkaBrada3 for it`s fusion/modern distortion sound.Expiriment with different opamps in it because the make quite a difference;you may like one better then another.
Ed

Mike Nichting

The Double D from runoffgroove.com uses J201's. I haven't built it yet but the sound clips sound great~!!

Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

jimmy

apparently the fet driver on tim escobedos site is quality. you could try a minibooster or srpp, or tim escobedos fet faces.
"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

Andy

Quote from: Mike NichtingThe Double D from runoffgroove.com uses J201's. I haven't built it yet but the sound clips sound great~!!

Mike

YES.  the double D sounds incredible!!
Andy

WGTP

There are several dual Mu-Amp boosters that get good reviews.  The Brown Sound in a Box and the Sweet Thing and Sweet 16.  The Meteor uses 5 Jfets, the Shakka Express uses 3.  There are a number of variations on the Shakka that use the Mu-amp after the op amp.

Check out Doug Hammons site.

The SRPP's and the Mu's and the Bootstraps and the amp emulators.

Great stuff   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames