Frequency-Dependant Low Pass Filter

Started by liquids, June 22, 2011, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Quote from: merlinb on June 29, 2011, 04:02:01 PM
Quote from: StephenGiles on June 29, 2011, 01:15:09 PM
If the 13600 will not work, and I have no reason to suppose that it won't, in the interests of reducing component count the SSM 2164 quad VCA might be tried.
Since the 2164 is also obsolete, that might not be much of a step forward!

That's that then!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Lurco

If the 13600 will not work, and I have no reason to suppose that it won't, in the interests of reducing component count the SSM 2164 quad VCA might be tried.

Be the next Mike Matthews and support your local Behringer!

http://www.coolaudio.com/products.html buy a hundredthousand for .84 ea.!

StephenGiles

Quote from: Lurco on June 29, 2011, 04:19:07 PM

Be the next Mike Matthews and support your local Behringer!

http://www.coolaudio.com/products.html buy a hundredthousand for .84 ea.!

There you go then, it's not obsolete. I believe Rane use them extensively and so do Ashdown.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

merlinb

Quote from: StephenGiles on June 29, 2011, 04:36:22 PM
There you go then, it's not obsolete. I believe Rane use them extensively and so do Ashdown.
Just $6 each from an awkward source... (or is that pounds  :o)

StephenGiles

Quote from: merlinb on June 29, 2011, 04:45:32 PM
Quote from: StephenGiles on June 29, 2011, 04:36:22 PM
Just $6 each from an awkward source... (or is that pounds  :o)

Whatever, it's not expensive - cost of a gallon of petrol in the UK or perish the thought - 20 cigarettes!!

Any developments on this?

StephenGiles

I'm never quite sure what folks are comparing the high cost of certain components with?

liquids

Quote from: StephenGiles on July 07, 2011, 01:36:52 PM
I'm never quite sure what folks are comparing the high cost of certain components with?

The lower costs of comparable, in-production components, the overall cost of most builds, etc.
Breadboard it!

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: StephenGiles on July 07, 2011, 01:36:52 PM
an hour at minimum wage!

Quackzed

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

noisette

Bump  Bump  Bump  Bump  ::)

Very interesting thread, abandoned for no apparent reason...

I´m experimenting with a synth-simulating circuit of the usual kind:
Boosted signal -> LPF -> Schmitt trigger -> CMOS 4040/4017/4046

So my thought is, why not track the squared signal with a 4046 PLL (no, not accurate, but does not have to be with filter fc).
Put a 4040 divider in the phase loop of the 4046 to multiply the frequency, then drive a switched resistor filter with that at approx.
100x the signal frequency, tweak some resistors... There´s your self-tuning filter  ;) 

Now, dreaming is easy, the answer lies obviously in building it, but maybe I´m missing something or misunderstanding fundamentally ...
Also I think it must have been done before(like everything), but can´t find it.

Any help would be appreciated!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
― Kurt Vonnegut