Finished my second, very pleased

Started by blackieNYC, October 15, 2016, 04:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackieNYC

If it was pretty, I'd put it in the build pictures. There've been a few posts about multiple pedals lately:

My Multifuzz II - from the right - Devi Ever Great Destroyer, Ge FF (with input cap panner and ext. bias), Tonebender mk III (with internal bias trim), Mild OD (high band/low band split, fetzer stages and adjustable clipping on highs), para EQ, Corruptor (with fuzz/ringmod blend), and a rebote 2.5 from Tonepad (all others are vero). [edit - this thing draws around 130mA]
The box is discarded rack gear.  Unusually short depth front to back - 112mm/4.3in. That the same as a 1590B.  This is 1 rack unit tall, which is about 30% more than a 1590B.  I have 7 pedals in here - width wise, about 15", it is as wide as 6 and one-third 1590Bs if all their connectors were facing out the rear. They are each individual pad-per-hole perf except the delay. They were built at different times of course, and some lived in a prototype tin for a while. The builds are pretty tight, some of the perf were cut down in size. This particular chassis assembly forced me to move the pedal with the red knobs a little closer to the stomp than some would like, but that doesn't bother me. I could have put a two-knob pedal there.  If I could limit myself to a two-knob build. I will probably label this with a paint pen.
There is a +9volt jack at either end. The Ge stuff uses [shares] a 1044 converter to -9. The switches are daisy chained true bypass with single-ended shielded wire.
I don't play out as much as I used to, and when I do I can use a cab or even the subway and a little hand-truck.  I use a 17"x12"x6" case for pedals. I can fit over 20 pedals in there by stacking two homemade pedalboards, all powered, and wired.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

Kipper4

I like it Blackie. I love the colourful knobs on the black ground. Very striking.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

blackieNYC

Thanks! Tried a decal on my first one. Really sucked.
  • SUPPORTER
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

GibsonGM

Pretty cool, man.  Nice build!  I can tell it took a lot of time and patience, and probably made you nuts wiring the bypasses, LOL...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

a2music

That's some serious Mad Scientist stuff there. Bravo! I've tried to get motivated to make anything greater than two circuits in one box to no avail. Hats off to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Hammer

No wonder we get along so well.  Delightful!

Elijah-Baley

Great! ;)
I wonder when I will do something like that.
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

Quackzed

for gods sake man!!!  :icon_eek: write a will before you accidentally turn 'em all on at once!!!  :icon_lol:
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

anotherjim

Very cool.
Is that tails & bypass switches on the left for the delay -  one behind the other? If so it's a great idea, new to me.

blackieNYC

Glad you asked - it's even cooler than that.  One is actually TB, the other switches between delay time pot one and pot two. Always wanted to do that. I could have skipped the pots altogether and have it switch between 300ms and 50 ms via internal trimmers. 2 fer 1!  I find this imminently more valuable than tails. I always have a pedal on so I'd rather have TB.
I put them close cause I didn't want to give up another pedal just for the space. Stepping on them is easy - set the time switch to the one you don't want next, then step on them both to a- engage the pedal and b-turn on the preferred delay time.  Or you can ballet-point it.  Led for on/off and one for long/short (or a/b). Always wanted to do this.
  • SUPPORTER