My First pedal!!!

Started by Andy, October 03, 2003, 09:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Just wanted to share this with everyone.  I built this from scratch.  Board to box.

//users.catt.com/~thephantom/MeatGrinder.jpg

http://users.catt.com/~thephantom/MeatGrinder2.jpg

What do you guys think?

It was an El Griton from Tonepad until I changed some part values and added lots more gain to it.
Andy

Ansil

sweet , very clean wiring.

Joe Bonner

Nice work! What did you do to the box to get that effect?

Joe

Andy

I ran a Dremel over it with a wire-wheel.  I did it from side to side.  The decals are from moosapotamus's book:  dark tshirt trasfers.  Not sure if I like that method or not though
Andy

Joe Bonner

Ah, the old Dremel trick. Did you put a clear coat over it?

Joe

Doug H

Reminds me of the instrument panel on a trans am my buddy used to have... :D

Great job! That is really nice work! Looks like you took your time and paid attention to the details.

Doug

Andy

I didn't put a clear coat over it cause I wasn't sure if i liked the finish or not.  i took my time on it.  BUT I work in an industry that requires me to pay attention to detail so that came second nature :)
Andy

C Bradley

Am I missing something here? All I get from that link is a picture of the inside of an effect pedal. Didn't see any decals or nicely finished effect pedals there.

Chris B

Edit: Nevermind....
Chris B

Got Fuzz?

Peter Snowberg

That looks great! :D 8)

Clean. Nice work!

-Peter

PS: As you make more pedals, you'll find the length of the internal wiring and its routing will have a huge impact on some circuits (high gain/high impedance ones). Sometimes the shortest length you can get away with is the best way to go, but other times the interaction of those wires can cause some WONDERFUL strangeness in feedback.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

moosapotamus

Nice job!

Any pics of the front?

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Mike Nichting

Very Nice Andy~!!
Good job I must say  :D

Small bear has clear decal stock if you don't want color on it to cover up the cool front.
Mike N.
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech