Introducing the "One Chip Chorus"!

Started by anchovie, July 26, 2011, 03:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carfranca

I finished my build today. Wonderful chorus!
Congratulations anchovie.

gnibonavo

Quote from: merlinb on August 03, 2011, 11:03:32 AM
Here's another take on the one chip chorus. This one has deeper modulation, so it generates a very thick warble, more like the deep settings on a LA. It also has an improved latch-up fix that may be useful for other projects.

is there something wrong with this schematics?can anyone tell me what is that?

mistahead

Is this a quiz or are you not interested in reading the thread?

gnibonavo

my english is bad..i'm not sure i understand what are they discussed about..that's why i'm asking

gnibonavo

mistahead

So because you are new and don't speak English well you would like us to test and report on a schematic you dragged out of the thread prior to you doing so?

Did you have a problem with the circuit or not?

~arph

I think he just wants to know if that schematic is good to use for a build.. If you don't speak/read english well it's hard to make out which schematic in a thread with a couple of different schematics is good to go.. so:

I'd say, yes that schematic is fine, it's by a forum member that is know to produce good schematics (the U-boat comes to mind)

:-*

gnibonavo

Quote from: ~arph on July 08, 2013, 03:13:47 AM
I think he just wants to know if that schematic is good to use for a build.. If you don't speak/read english well it's hard to make out which schematic in a thread with a couple of different schematics is good to go.. so:

I'd say, yes that schematic is fine, it's by a forum member that is know to produce good schematics (the U-boat comes to mind)

:-*

yes,this is what i mean..thanks :)

Govmnt_Lacky

With respects to the above schematic...

Shouldn't there be some kind of post-regulator power decoupling/filtering?

Maybe a 10uF from +5VDC to ground directly after the regulator  ;D

EDIT: NEVERMIND... I see there is a 10uF right after the 100K resistor  :icon_redface:

EDIT2: Should that be a 100K resistor? Seems like it should only be about 100 ohm  ???
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

~arph

Yes i think that is fine. There is a 47uF to ground right after the regulator. The 100k is part of the anti latch circuit.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: ~arph on July 08, 2013, 09:50:52 AM
Yes i think that is fine. There is a 47uF to ground right after the regulator. The 100k is part of the anti latch circuit.

Missed that one  :icon_redface:

Thanks for the correction!  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

fretzburner

Hi,how to get rid of the loud popping on anchovie's circuit? i placed this after an OD and before a delay.1M at the input to ground and 100k at the output to ground and still pop.

mistahead

Read through the forums, there is a pop-reduction thread going on RIGHT NOW OVER THERE ---->

fretzburner

Quote from: mistahead on July 09, 2013, 07:59:35 PM
Read through the forums, there is a pop-reduction thread going on RIGHT NOW OVER THERE ---->
?

Ark Angel HFB

Quote from: fretzburner on July 09, 2013, 09:52:42 PM
Quote from: mistahead on July 09, 2013, 07:59:35 PM
?

What he means is that popping is a common problem with a lot of circuits, and there is a much larger thread on the forums talking about it... this circuit doesn't really pop for me though so it may be a LED powering on thing... if that is the case look into the fixes... I fixed mine. Do a little leg work you will find the solution easy.
"..So I hooked up the power and it was the greatest Radio I'd ever heard. Too bad I was trying to make a Tremolo..."

fretzburner

What he means is that popping is a common problem with a lot of circuits, and there is a much larger thread on the forums talking about it... this circuit doesn't really pop for me though so it may be a LED powering on thing... if that is the case look into the fixes... I fixed mine. Do a little leg work you will find the solution easy.
[/quote]
Thanks Ark, now this is a real answer.will try to disconnect the LED and check if popping be eliminated or lessened.Very small circuit but great sound.

Ark Angel HFB

Quote from: fretzburner on July 10, 2013, 08:13:06 PM

Thanks Ark, now this is a real answer.will try to disconnect the LED and check if popping be eliminated or lessened.Very small circuit but great sound.

Fixing the Led popping btw is very simple... do a few search for solution but if you do come up empty message me and I link you where you need to be...

If you find out the solution on your own you will never forget it and it will make you a better builder for it. ^_^
"..So I hooked up the power and it was the greatest Radio I'd ever heard. Too bad I was trying to make a Tremolo..."

fretzburner

Same problem with pop sound, maybe will use other means like buffer it or use fet switching with this circuit.my other builds like dirt pedals were okay,only small pop and is tolerable.

adielricci

I built Viktor's version and, IMHO, the chorus sounds way better with the following mods, some of which have been taken from other members' suggestions.  

Two of the 10uF capacitors were causing the circuit to oscilate heavily when the power supply was connected.  

I would like to point out that these are merely suggestions.

Ark Angel HFB

Quote from: adielricci on July 13, 2013, 11:16:37 PM
I built Viktor's version and, IMHO, the chorus sounds way better

Define better?

I'm assuming you mean that the chorus is a bit brighter than the first version...