News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Synare 3

Started by Kipper4, April 13, 2023, 12:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

Quote from: Kipper4 on April 14, 2023, 03:31:18 PM

Btw anyone know how long it'd take to cut the handle off of a frying pan with a dremel ?

drill the rivets. instead.
don't make me draw another line.

PRR

Quote from: Kipper4 on April 14, 2023, 03:31:18 PM....how long it'd take to cut the handle off of a frying pan with a dremel ?

Like digging a canal with a soup-spoon.

Power-drill {per the Duck} is the approved method. 7" angle grinder is almost as fast and a lot more fun.
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Quote from: PRR on April 16, 2023, 11:39:23 PM
Quote from: Kipper4 on April 14, 2023, 03:31:18 PM....how long it'd take to cut the handle off of a frying pan with a dremel ?

Like digging a canal with a soup-spoon.

"Don't forget your shovel if you want to go to work."
don't make me draw another line.

Kipper4

Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go.

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Strategy on April 13, 2023, 07:04:02 PMMark, in your other thread I'd mentioned modding those cheap Remo practice pads with a piezo insert, as low-cost drum-like playing surfaces, but I just remembered another trick I've tried that worked well - circular neoprene pad sandwiches with the piezo in between. I did this on a Synare Sensor build for a musical collaborator. It's more for finger drumming becuase they are usually kind of a small diameter but fine with sticks if you don't mind aiming at a small target. Like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173968365163?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28&var=472747898888&srsltid=AfAwrE5eGeTecg2iEO04RD66xuVvmeEbrBBP1VHxw4VMsciiDh6gcYPsRZo
If they are a thin kind you can stack several to protect the piezo and still not lose dynamics.
- STrategy

hey strat,
these synares didn't use a piezo, they used a small dynamic speaker for the trigger.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr