Building the Meat Sphere

Started by Taylor, July 27, 2011, 03:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

This particular forum doesn't allow uploading images directly, so I use imgur.com. At the top of that page, click the "new post" button and it'll give you options for uploading. Once the image is uploaded, mouse over the image and click on the little down arrow, then "get share links" and copy the "bbcode" one. You can paste that into this forum.

The return jack needs to be a switching type, like this one:

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/1-4-in-mono-nys2152/

It can be mono or stereo, doesn't matter. You'll be connecting the Send jack to the tip-switch of the jack (in the jack above, that's the terminal on the left of the image, which is connected to the tip terminal when no plug is inserted into the jack). It sounds like you may have used a non-switched stereo jack and wired that to the ring terminal instead. So if you have a switched jack, you may just need to swap that wire over. If that doesn't fix it, once you can upload a photo of your build we might be able to spot what's up.

Carl James

I just fixed it! Suddenly I saw the light.
      I had the send going to the output and the return going to the switch. It should have been the other way around.
It's spectacular with a ce-2 in the loop! I can't wait to make my next 2!

Carl James

For anyone having problems with wiring the effects loop with cliff jacks. This is how it's done.

Cozybuilder

Quote from: Carl James on November 27, 2016, 08:24:40 PM

For anyone having problems with wiring the effects loop with cliff jacks. This is how it's done.

You need the .jpg on the image address and a scaling factor to keep it to a reasonable size.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Carl James

For folks looking for a huge enclosure like the original Meatball, there is now a seller on ebay that is selling them. He sells one undrilled and another drilled to fit the layout of the meatsphere. Both are priced at $25 and built with very heavy guage steel.
    I sent him the cad file and now he's making them! Exciting!
     He even has the flat top to mount the Jacks on top! I can't wait for mine to come in!

tremelo68

Quote from: Carl James on February 23, 2017, 09:11:48 AM
   For folks looking for a huge enclosure like the original Meatball, there is now a seller on ebay that is selling them. He sells one undrilled and another drilled to fit the layout of the meatsphere. Both are priced at $25 and built with very heavy guage steel.
    I sent him the cad file and now he's making them! Exciting!
     He even has the flat top to mount the Jacks on top! I can't wait for mine to come in!

A link would be great and save people time trying to find the enclosures. Thanks!

Carl James

Here's the link to the predrilled enclosure. I just ordered mine. For $25,  it's a steal!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222355103574

tremelo68

Looks awesome. Am psyched to see how your build fits.

vigilante397

Nooooo!!!! I already ordered the enclosure for mine and I don't really have anything else to put in that box, but I LOVE the Lovetone style :-\
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Carl James

New build from the enclosure on ebay. The row of pots were about 9mm too close to the switches. But I just bent the legs on the pots straight, and then bent them again as Close to the know as I could. It gave me more leg room and worked out better after all!
    Now, to make a decal and hammer paint the sides.
I'm terribly sorry for the oversized image. But I'm really a noob when it comes to these forums. I have no clue how to scale the image.
   It would be great if someone could tell me where I'm supposed to scale it?

bluebunny

Put height=nnn or width=nnn inside the [IMG] tag.  Or resize it before you upload it to imgur.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Carl James

The row of pots are a little too close to the switches. But honestly, I like it better this way. Now the legs of the pots stick fully through the holes, because bending them give them more height.

skarkowtsky

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the boards. I joined after discovering musicpcb.com and the Meat Sphere. I've read this thread, and am excited to build my own! I'm a graphic designer by profession, so I enjoyed identically recreating the Lovetone Meatball pedal interface this morning. I used an overhead photo of the original pedal as an overlay, tracked down the typeface and got to work creating the vector art.

My template is designed for the pedal enclosure sold on eBay that closely resembles the original (I'm not associated with the seller). I plan to have the template cut into a vinyl to use as a spray stencil directly onto the pedal surface.

Below is a jpg preview. Awaiting my pedal enclosure so I confirm the specs before I can share. I'd be honored to share the actual PDF artwork with everyone here if they wish to do the same to theirs.

Cheers!
John

vigilante397

Welcome to the forum :) I bought my board months ago and still haven't put it together :P But I love the look of your graphics and would definitely take you up on the pdf :)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

mforester

Thank you skarkowtsky for the work on the graphics I would love to have a copy too. One note, I think most are using "9v tip - ve" these days, my late version Lovetone Meatball has it.

mforester

I'm finally getting around to building my Meatsphere. I need to order 1/4 jacks, do I just get switched stereo jacks or some other mix of switched/standard and stereo/mono?

mforester

Someone helped me out, answer was Mono Unswitched for everything except the return which needs a Mono Switched jack.

skarkowtsky

I'm glad some of you guys like the art work. I don't have the eBay enclosure, so I can't set up the file to the proper dimensions. However, anyone who does own it and wants to share the dimensions, I can set up the file and share the PDF here with everyone.

NOTE: This is designed for the eBay enclosure, which closely resembles the OEM housing from what I understand.

Cheers,
John