Building the Meat Sphere

Started by Taylor, July 27, 2011, 03:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njkmonty

ok cool cheers will test it now

alanp

Adding the Intensity expression jack is worth doing -- it should be possible on the Meatsphere by running wires from pins 1 and 3 of the Intensity pot (wire it to the board as normal) to an insulated jack, with one on the sleeve, the other on the tip. Use a high impedance expression pedal.

Nice wah-ish effect.

Rocketman

Need help with wiring the 3PDT switch. Anyone have wiring diagram/pic?

JZA

As the PCB's are not coming anytime soon I have built a breadboard version direct from the schematic ,

The only thing I can't make sense of is the l.e.d. section on the far right of the schematic ... it shows 9v  ,  sens input , ground , each with 3 pin configurations ?  but without knowing how these connect to the switch i am stuck ... I tried putting the sens input to the poitive side of the l.e.d. parallels and ground to the otherside but nothing? where / how does the 9v connect with the sens/ground .

anyone please ?

Thanks ~ Chris

alanp

I wound up doing a layout myself with oshpark, got tired of waiting. http://oshpark.com/shared_projects/equeZ8gM

Linked on a "Well, it works for me" basis. Costs more, too.

LaceSensor

Quote from: alanp on February 06, 2014, 11:28:56 PM
Adding the Intensity expression jack is worth doing -- it should be possible on the Meatsphere by running wires from pins 1 and 3 of the Intensity pot (wire it to the board as normal) to an insulated jack, with one on the sleeve, the other on the tip. Use a high impedance expression pedal.

Nice wah-ish effect.

Tried this, works a charm.

Blitz Krieg

Quote from: JZA on March 01, 2014, 12:32:47 PM
I have built a breadboard version direct from the schematic ,

last time I checked, Taylor's schematic was missing a capacitor between the input buffer and envelope detector

JZA

Quote from: Blitz Krieg on March 03, 2014, 02:52:58 AM
Quote from: JZA on March 01, 2014, 12:32:47 PM
I have built a breadboard version direct from the schematic ,

last time I checked, Taylor's schematic was missing a capacitor between the input buffer and envelope detector

Right , thanks ... On the rissole schematic  I can see there's a 10uf between pin 14  on tl074 and the 'send' socket, is that the missing cap on the meatsphere?

Blitz Krieg

Taylor

Rechecking my schem, VREF is also labeled wrong. Should be coming out of the junction of the 22k resistors and 47u cap at top right. 

FuzzAldrin

I have a finished meatsphere build that I haven't tried to debug yet if anyone wants it real cheap. Comes with a drilled box. I just don't have the time to get it running...

charbot

JZA

Quote from: Taylor on March 04, 2014, 10:14:48 AM
Rechecking my schem, VREF is also labeled wrong. Should be coming out of the junction of the 22k resistors and 47u cap at top right. 

Thanks Taylor,  noticed that the Rissole has the vref  at that junction too ,  also  2 more issues . The 1k5 resistor coming from thecolour pot should go to vref not ground (as per Rissole)  . The second issue is also at the colour pot , where it crosses the path between  U1B 7 and Sw4BP ... That. Should be a junction  ?

For anyone reading this .. we are only talking about the schematic .. the PCB. Has these all correct ..(I assume) 

JZA

OK It's 6am and I have just finished a stripboard Vero build of the meatsphere from the schematic . I made a layout file too. However I made I made a few alterations when building so will update that layout tomorrow for anyone whose interested .. 

I ended up using ne5532n dual opamp .
I had some cheap fake vactrols 5c3/2 .. but removed them ane added 2 green diffuse l.e.d's and 2l.d.r's instead ad i couldn't get any envelope movement.   However I. Had actually wired the UP/DOWN switch wrong as this was the most confusing part on the schematic.

I might try the vactrols again .. but I like the way its working on at the moment .

I threw it in a cardboard box and made holes for the pots and switches.. sure looks nasty :)
But sounds raw and very quacky . 

I have an original mutron III  and always wanted an fx loop for it  I feel confident in modding that now I understand the schematic . In the instruction manual I have  it says that amazing effecte made when using two mutrons together ,  well let's find out tomorrow.. pretty sure the mutron vii. Is just 2 in one box with a phaser .

Thanks all for your help . Especially Taylor .

FuzzAldrin

Quote from: FuzzAldrin on March 04, 2014, 10:14:55 PM
I have a finished meatsphere build that I haven't tried to debug yet if anyone wants it real cheap. Comes with a drilled box. I just don't have the time to get it running...

SOLD

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: FuzzAldrin on March 13, 2014, 04:48:18 PM
Quote from: FuzzAldrin on March 04, 2014, 10:14:55 PM

SOLD

Dude! Didn't even get a reply to the PM or anything!  ??? Which was sent 20 minutes after you posted that the board was available?   :-\
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

JZA

Dude! Didn't even get a reply to the PM or anything!  ??? Which was sent 20 minutes after you posted that the board was available?   :-\
[/quote]

You are too quick to judge,  perhaps your message didn't send ?

I had a great response and I sent my question two days after seeing the post.

I think your avatar is very apt .

I am not the guy who bought it as too far to justify postage . If you  read the last few pages you will learn that you could build it today with either Vero board or make your own PCB .

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: JZA on March 15, 2014, 11:47:05 AM
You are too quick to judge,  perhaps your message didn't send ?

Then that would be odd seeing as I had sent several PMs to Fuzz just the day before regarding a different subject. All were answered. ???  ::)

If you read the last few pages you will learn that you could build it today with either Vero board or make your own PCB .

Still wondering why Taylor doesn't sell them anymore  ???

Is there another thread explaining why they are no longer carried over at musicpcb? I know the website says "Out of Stock until 2014" but that has been up there since the middle of last year I think!
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'