WAH pictures- diy , modded & etc.

Started by joegagan, August 05, 2011, 02:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulyy

@joegagan= Thanks for the offer on the pots. Maybe when I can find time between work and a baby, I can try to build one. Right now I have afew wahs on the table for mods and repairs. Maybe when I can finish those might have time to build one. I can wind my own inductor for this but I dont have the proper tools to measuer the inductor. I wind them around 490 to 500 winds. Puts me around 30 ohms with 32 gauge wire. I think that puts me at 500mh. Give or take.

tony grazioso

here's my latest monster creation.

let me know what ya think, ok??

~arph

I think I just found out why you chose 'pedals by tone' as a name. :P

Nice witring btw, should have painted the footwitch orange too.

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

haveyouseenhim

that is one wacked out wah shell. what is it?
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

joegagan

it is BOOMACHO!
a regular boomernang but with mondo treads made from a superdeep floormat from autozone. aged appropriately to match the case , visually.

joegagan

((sold)) , much gratitude

Güero

Joe and Tony, nice builds, cheers!!

Some mods for a Mister Cry Baby wah/Volume. Much better now :)
The wha now have your own output level and 3 range flavors. Lots of internal mods to bring the wah to the surface and roar.

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

joegagan

nice! love the blue glow comin out the bottom.
did you keep the weird pot that comes in those? i bought a mister supercrybabysuper mister used but took it back to the store for refund, sounded weird. glad you got it modded, i think they need it ::)

joegagan

joegagan

haveyouseenhim

^ How are you getting that effect. By taking a dremel to some rubber?
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

joegagan

yes! good call. after cutting the gashes and dots, i fill the recesses with spray paint, finish up w' clear, then sand to remove most of the paint. above pic was shot before sanding the excess paint off the rubber.
i also flip the stock crybabe rubber and sand with recip sander and 220 to get that satiny look.

another shot after more finishing:

kungpow79

Refinished my GCB-95.  The paint is called 'Plum Crazy Metallic'  I believe its supposed to look an old muscle car.  As you can see, its not that durable, I scratched it up a quite bit while reassembling it, but overall I'm pretty pleased.  It was this or metallic orange.

:)
  ;D

Pyr0

Quote from: joegagan on October 01, 2012, 12:23:53 AM

Beautiful Joe, I love that. It sure is a Cadillac of wah's. I presume it's a Boomerang inside ?

joegagan

bjorn , that is a pretty purple, love it! maybe touch up the chips with a purple sharpie, or even black, will not stand out so much.  or make more chips!

brad from creepyfingers ( member solidhex) did some purple wahs, he had a body shop do the finish, might even have been powdercoated.

pyro, thanks! no guts in that hotrod caddy yet. it is (pre)sold however , to a collector in france who says he doesn't care what guts i put in it!

Liquitone

I see you like Vox enclosures aswell joegagan, great looking pedals!

I added a germanium treble-booster to my Vox, cause I figured that's one pedal and cable less to carry around with me.
I decided to keep the wah circuit I modified a year ago instead of building a new board, cause I'm already perfectly happy with how it sounds.
Made some stupid mistakes in the placing of the board and such, with made it a pain to mount, wire and debug, but I'll take what I learned from that with me for my next build.

I painted this one red cause I missed my old red one.

Güero

An old wah from 1999. It's a Onner,  brazilian company.
The actual wah uses a trafo as inductor, and sounds really thin and poor.

Inside is a Morley Classic with a few mods and a electronic bypass ( true bypass ).

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

joegagan

beautiful! love the green.  very nice work.