ADS envelope generator

Started by moosapotamus, October 03, 2003, 02:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosapotamus

Does anyone have any experience building this one?
http://omega.tellus.vallentuna.se/anders/pdf/envelope.pdf

If it works as claimed in the article, I'm thinking that putting a compressor/sustain and a fuzz in front of it might allow you to get some pretty respectable "synthy" type sounds. No?

Thanks
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Quote from: moosapotamusDoes anyone have any experience building this one?
http://omega.tellus.vallentuna.se/anders/pdf/envelope.pdf

If it works as claimed in the article, I'm thinking that putting a compressor/sustain and a fuzz in front of it might allow you to get some pretty respectable "synthy" type sounds. No?

Thanks
~ Charlie

that looks pretty interesting :)

i'd love to hear what that sounds like.  i'm really wanting to work on an ADSR circuit, and maybe having a compression stage before it to get some real cool synth sounds.

hank reynolds 3rd

cool!!!...
i've been looking for a decent easy ad gen for a while.....
i'm working on an idea using the gate and audio circuit from rays synth page, so the gate triggers an ad gen that can go to a filter and/or vca ...along with lfo options too.....then when i have a stablish set up of that i'm gonna see about deconstructing the muthafugga into a noise machine thingummy!!!!!
might give it a try along with finishing a few things this weekend ...
but i've got a hot date with my childhood sweetheart (havent seen her in 10-12 years,since junior school....where i dumped her under peer pressure at 10 years old....i thought she might have forghotten but she remembers all too wel....we talked so much my jaw has been sore for the last two days....honest... .....gush :oops:  :oops:  :oops: )
now i'm trying to compile the best funky ass soul/funk etc compilation that is completely cheese free by tmrw night....aswell as buying some new trainers/clothes....and finding some tasty red wine or something......
err...oh yeah....but thanks for the schem moose!!!
(maybe if i get that meatball finished the answer to the lovefunk mystery will be in there!!!!)

sam

moosapotamus

sam - you're a freakin' wildman!
Let us know how you 'make-out' (get it... wink, wink, nudge, nudge), know what I mean, know what I mean?

Well, anyway... (ahem), have a nice time.
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net

william

I've been thinking of doing something with an AD envelope and an oscillator for a drummer.  I've been pretty dissapointed with the ability of my DM5 for the low boomy kickdrum sound.  So I've been thinking of doing something to do that in a rack.  

William

Mike Nichting

:lol:  hey Hank, getcha one of them boxesO'wine and a couple plactic cups. That should do the trick bud~!! Chicks dig plastic cups, at least where I come from they do.  Sittin in the corn field on a summers night.....um.....right.

Charlie, that looks like a pretty simple circuit and I dig the Brawny dude playin the guitfiddle.
I am going to put that on my list of things to build soon as possible.

Thanks,
Mike Nichting
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

bwanasonic

Quote from: 80k
i'd love to hear what that sounds like.  i'm really wanting to work on an ADSR circuit, and maybe having a compression stage before it to get some real cool synth sounds.

I used to have something like that. It was called an EH Micro-Synth  :wink: . Damn, I miss that thing! Luckily I recorded a number of the atrocities I commited with it to tape.

Kerry M

moosapotamus

Quote from: Mike NichtingCharlie, that looks like a pretty simple circuit and I dig the Brawny dude playin the guitfiddle.
I am going to put that on my list of things to build soon as possible.
Hey Mike,
Yeah, that dude is totally happenin'.
Please post if you build that thang. I'd be interested to know how it works.

Quote from: bwanasonicI used to have something like that. It was called an EH Micro-Synth  :wink: .
You know... that's interesting. I think this might be just a tad easier to build than a Micro-Synth. :wink:

Thanks
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net