Expel your GAS - (Pictures!)

Started by phector2004, August 19, 2011, 06:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phector2004

I know, I know... "this is a DUI forum, you're supposed to build stuff!"

But I also know there are others out there who, like me, lack self control when shopping, so show and tell!
Guitars, amps, cabs, pedals, accessories, etc.

We can all feel less shame in our purchases by seeing how bad other people's GAS is ;)

Here's a starter:

Douglas WRL 590 Floyd Rose from RondoMusic.com

It came insanely fast (ordered Sunday? Got home Wednesday morning  :icon_eek: )
Thanks to the "lefty guitars only come in black" thread, I browsed their site and just HAD to get myself a graduation gift  :icon_lol:
So far I'm really happy with it. Build quality is on par, if not better than my Epi LP. Action's good, no string buzz, none of that stuff I'd expect from a cheapie guitar. Still figuring out how to use a floyd though... What a pain in the ass to tune!

tommy.genes

"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

joegagan

tommy, as someone who hauled and played a real SVT for 5 years, i have to say that genzbenz 8-10 looks delicious. did you see, the specs say is is good for 1600 watts RMS?
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

phector2004

overDriving Under the Influence forum  ;)
My best pedal builds/breadboarding always involve a beer or two.

Seriously though, we need more GAS, less rational thinking!

markeebee

Mrs Bee has had a kitten shaped hole in her heart for too long.  Last week, after she had pleaded, cajoled and bullied me for months, we picked up our new kitty Bee Baa Booty.

Now, I've had a Gibson ES135 shaped hole in my life for too long, but the prices on eBay have just been going up and up. Finally, this one came up for some reasonable amount this week.

How could she say no?

(Please excuse the iPhone camera perspective that makes it look like BBB is bigger than a goat)

Earthscum

Kitty for a Gitty... nice! I'm gonna have to try that one.  :icon_mrgreen:
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

phector2004

That's a beauty, Mark! I love the florentine cutaway on the ES-135 and 175

Seems like a very fair trade. Potential Mrs. T should learn a lesson or two  :icon_lol:

iq01221

Pigyboy

And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

phector2004

Sirppi

Bought the Blackstar HT-5 head

And the Ibanez S7320 (with Invader on the bridge ;))

tommy.genes

Quote from: joegagan on August 19, 2011, 08:56:16 PM
tommy, as someone who hauled and played a real SVT for 5 years, i have to say that genzbenz 8-10 looks delicious. did you see, the specs say is is good for 1600 watts RMS?

1600 watts with 105 dB sensitivity. At full power, that would be friggin' LOUD! And it weighs 120 lbs.

However, I'm more interested in the fact that the Streamliner gives 900W into 4ohms and only weights 6.5lbs, has a six-stage tube preamp and supposed power tube emulation. I know "emulation" leaves a lot of room for interpretation, but check out Ed Friedland's demo video of the thing to get a feel for how it really sounds.

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

iq01221

Yeah, what is that  Huh
Posted on: August 20, 2011, 08:00:18 AM
Posted by: Pigyboy
Insert Quote
^^^
Hey Juan, WTF is that?
It's an endless delay proyect. Too many components in a little pcb... It seems to be havy, but in phisics ways.
It's still in process, but it's not my own design, so, I'd preffer to not show it like DIY :icon_redface: