Keeley really wants these!

Started by Steve C, October 03, 2003, 06:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gez

He needs his head examined!  They cost about 50p to £1 (about  $0.80 - $1.60) here in the UK.  It would probably be cheaper for him to order them and pay the extra in carriage and tax.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Erik

He is probably selling them and using his main account to shill up the bids. :) Conspiracies are sweet.

drew

FWIW I've had no end of trouble trying to find a vendor in the US for Ge transistors... I have been wanting to get a load of them and hand-match/select them myself for a while now, and I even found one retailer who had them, and I paid for them and ordered online, but they never charged my credit card or sent the order. So... any tips, people? I won't swallow up the world's remaining supply of these, I swear.

thanks,

drew
toothpastefordinner.com

gez

Quote from: drewFWIW I've had no end of trouble trying to find a vendor in the US for Ge transistors... I have been wanting to get a load of them and hand-match/select them myself for a while now

The last time I bought a bag of NOS 128s, a good third were leaky.  Out of them only a handful had 'high' gain.  Sometimes it's cheaper and a lot less hassle to just buy a matched set from someone (try smallbear).

If you have any radio repair/small electronic supply places nearby, try them.  They might not list it in the catalogue (or it might not be on the shelf) but if you ask they often have old Ge trannies tucked away somewhere.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter