General electronic theory questions - Davisson Simple Drive

Started by fuzzy645, September 07, 2011, 09:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy645

Quote from: allesz on September 08, 2011, 12:32:00 PM
Hey fuzzy645, did you buy that breadboard then?

I am quite excited because beavisaudio.com in person came to help you.
He helped me a lot too actually, because i sucked his site for days, to breadboard my first working effect (a bazz fuss).
And I take this opportunity just to say thank you.

The link posted by him is just perfect.

But trust mine and LucifersTrip's advice: go breadboard! You will stop sleeping for a little while (it can be a problem, try to have regular sex though, at least for you wife/girlfriend health) and you will never look to a tubescreamer in the same way you did (it can be a problem too), probably you won't get better playing guitar, and your bandmates will hate you for the new sh*tty sounding boxes you will get to reharshalls (another problem, but you have to be proud of it instead).
Anyway, you will have loads of fun. And that's all that matter.

Truthfully, you guys on this board are all awesome and have helped my understanding greatly. I really appreciate the effort in the answers.  I realize I'm just scratching the surface but enough of my questions have been answered so I feel that when I start working with the bread board I will at least understand what the heck I'm doing at least at a basic level. FYI - I have not started bread boarding yet (still waiting for some parts to come in the mail) but I'll keep you all posted.  :icon_wink:

EATyourGuitar

while I haven't read the beavis thread, I think beavisaudio.com has ver useful information with really good pictures. geofex is good too. I think R.G. made the website so he wouldn't have to answer the same questions 4,764,802 times. but he is a nice guy and will gladly help you AFTER you have read it.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

defaced

Quote from: dano12 on September 08, 2011, 10:32:44 AM
Quote from: defaced on September 07, 2011, 04:55:48 PM
There were a series of threads, I think by Beavis Audio

I was thinking the same thing :)

I didn't provide all the answers, only the questions. That was a really fun thread.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=47572.0
Thanks Dano!  I couldn't find them to save me, but I remember skimming them a while ago and thinking I should go back and give them a proper read. 
-Mike